Battery Research Intern (Summer 2024)
We are seeking a passionate, detail-oriented Battery Research Intern to aid in Anthro's mission to revolutionize the shape of energy storage in the summer of 2024.
- Assemble Li-ion coin cells and pouch cells
- Perform physical and electrochemical characterization of battery cells
- Thoroughly document experimental procedures and collected data
- Analyze data using various statistical methods
- Write reports to summarize data and the implications of the results
- Communicate technical and non-technical content clearly and effectively
- Effectively develop experimental plans
- Comply with all EH&S/safety requirements
- Work collaboratively and flexibly in a small team
- Work hard, be positive, learn with the team, and have fun
- Pursuing an Undergraduate or Masters degree in engineering/science (Matsci, ChemE, BioE, etc.), 1-4 years of additional work experience preferred.
- Previous participation in materials/physical science research with demonstrated results, experience with battery systems a plus
- Working knowledge of battery fundamentals and operation
- Proficiency in Excel and Python preferred.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Reliability, clear communication, and desire to learn
- U.S. Citizen or already have eligibility to work in the U.S.
Preferred Skills: Battery fabrication, electrochemical characterization, polymer science, polymer synthesis, polymer materials, mechanical properties of materials, tensile testing, use of glovebox, data processing in Python.
Compensation will be commensurate with previous experience.
Anthro is currently building, refining, and testing battery prototypes; working with vendors to scale up manufacturing; engaging customers and conducting demos; and continuing to push the limits of battery technology. We are currently in the process of scaling up our technology in our state-of-the-art battery research facility in San Jose, CA. We are backed by silicon valley VCs, The Activate Fellowship, StartX, and the TomKat center at Stanford.
Anthro Energy Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.