Contract Plant Operator 2
Backed by Bill Gates’ Breakthrough Energy Ventures and Chris Sacca’s Lowercarbon Capital, Antora Energy turns sunshine and wind into a reliable, on-demand source of zero-carbon heat and power to enable deep decarbonization of industry and the electric grid. Propelled by a world-class team that includes leaders in their fields, Antora will eliminate gigatons of emissions while increasing U.S. energy security, reducing our dependence on global supply chains, supporting well-paying jobs, and protecting marginalized communities from industrial pollution.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. Our people are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy to everyone on earth. People join our team to do the most fulfilling and impactful work of their lives on climate change. Join one of the world’s most transformative climate tech companies. We’re ready to decarbonize the global economy. Are you?
We are seeking a dedicated and safety-driven individual to assist our solid-state thermal battery Operations team. The Plant Operator 2 plays a vital role in ensuring the safety and well-being of people at site. This position involves working closely with the lead Plant Operator, providing support and assistance as needed, and responding to hazards and accidents.
Sample Work Schedule - 12 hour shifts, 2-4 days per week (subject to change based on operational needs)
- Saturday – Sunday from 6am-6pm
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 6pm – 6am
- Nights during workdays – Monday thru Thursday from 6pm-6am
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Plant Operators in the event of potential safety hazards while the Plant Operator is performing their tasks
- Be prepared to respond quickly in case of emergencies or incidents and obtain assistance, as needed
- Assist in implementing emergency procedures and evacuations if necessary
- Perform routine inspections of safety equipment and report any deficiencies
- Ability to work at least one of the position work shifts
- Attention to detail; timely and responsible work ethic
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Familiarity with basic first aid and previous experience in a safety-related position is preferred
Salary Range: $16.00 USD - $17.00 USD per hour