Backed by Bill Gates’ Breakthrough Energy Ventures and Chris Sacca’s Lowercarbon Capital, Antora Energy turns sunshine and wind into a reliable, on-demand source of zero-carbon heat and power to enable deep decarbonization of industry and the electric grid. Propelled by a world-class team that includes leaders in their fields, Antora will eliminate gigatons of emissions while increasing U.S. energy security, reducing our dependence on global supply chains, supporting well-paying jobs, and protecting marginalized communities from industrial pollution.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. Our people are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy to everyone on earth. People join our team to do the most fulfilling and impactful work of their lives on climate change. Join one of the world’s most transformative climate tech companies. We’re ready to decarbonize the global economy. Are you?
We are seeking an exceptionally driven and passionate individual to join our solid-state thermal battery engineering team. You will collaborate with internal engineering and operations teams to safely operate first-of-a-kind industrial installations of the Antora thermal battery. You will be a key technical member of a cross-functional and rapidly growing organization. Your work will directly contribute to the demonstration of a first of a kind long-duration energy storage technology.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Set-up, operate, configure, and maintain machinery, instrumentation, wiring, electronics
- Operate and run the facility through the plant SCADA system
- Directing construction/electrical crews or workers at site; oversee repairs
- Run facility tests
- Draft and submit updates on project status
- Generate and execute on designs for minor site or equipment modifications and upgrades
- Responsible for ensuring the site produces high quality products, runs smoothly and at capacity, and is properly maintained
- Diagnose electrical and instrumentation issues; perform maintenance; resolve onsite malfunctions
- Perform quality control, follow reporting and recordkeeping procedures, and report problems to supervisor
- Comply with all safety and health regulations
- Help with site package receiving and inventory control
- High School degree or GED
- 3+ years operating experience in an industrial facility, process industry, or similar relevant experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent at electrical and instrumentation troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated experience working on teams in fast-moving environments and under pressure
- Ability to lift heavy equipment, to bend, and to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Willingness to work in shifts (late or early hours, weekends, and overtime if necessary)
- Strong communication skills to determine site needs and explain complex operational issues
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar field
- Previous lifting operations experience (fork lift, rigger, crane operator, etc.)
Salary Range: $35.00 USD - $45.00 USD
Salary Basis: Hourly
This job posting contains the salary range that Antora Energy believes it would be willing to pay for the posted job. The actual salary offered will be determined within the posted range based on a candidate's experience, credentials, and expertise as they pertain to the requirements of the position.
In addition to a competitive base salary, Antora Energy’s Total Rewards program includes a premium health benefits package with life and disability insurance, a 401K plan, a flexible spending account, industry leading paid time off policy, providing a flexible and inclusive holiday observance, as well as paid volunteer time off.