Module Test Technician
Backed by Bill Gates’ Breakthrough Energy Ventures and Chris Sacca’s Lowercarbon Capital, Antora Energy turns sunshine and wind into a reliable, on-demand source of zero-carbon heat and power to enable deep decarbonization of industry and the electric grid. Propelled by a world-class team that includes leaders in their fields, Antora will eliminate gigatons of emissions while increasing U.S. energy security, reducing our dependence on global supply chains, supporting well-paying jobs, and protecting marginalized communities from industrial pollution.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. Our people are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy to everyone on earth. People join our team to do the most fulfilling and impactful work of their lives on climate change. Join one of the world’s most transformative climate tech companies. We’re ready to decarbonize the global economy. Are you?
Are you a talented test technician with great attention to detail? If so, we invite you to join our team at Antora Energy. You will work with a dedicated group of engineers who are not only experts in their field but also embody Antora's core values of humility, openness, and joy. Your efforts will directly influence the development of Antora's groundbreaking combined heat and power (CHP) long-duration energy storage product. This is your chance to be part of something transformative, where your skills and passion will drive innovation and shape the future of sustainable energy solutions. Join us in making a difference and be at the forefront of cutting-edge technology.
Roles & Responsibilities
- After training, independently perform a wide range photovoltaic module characterization tests, including optical, electrical and thermal characterization.
- Identify and report any inconsistencies, oddities, or non-physical results.
- Assist with module processing, data analysis, and hardware and/or software improvement. This is dependent on your interest and skills, and training will be provided.
- Develop a basic understanding of the physical principles behind characterization techniques to aid identification of problems.
- Maintain inventory of samples and materials.
- Work collaboratively and flexibly with the team.
- Communicate technical and non-technical content clearly and effectively.
- Experience working in technical labs and/or production environments.
- Experience handling high-value samples, great attention to detail.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Reliability, strong work ethic, and a desire to learn.
- Comfortable engaging with problems you haven’t encountered before.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Empathy, sensitivity, and ability to effectively interact with a broad and diverse range of colleagues.
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Experience with the characterization of optoelectronic devices.
- Bachelors or equivalent in an engineering or technical field (e.g. electrical engineering, physics, etc).
- Experience with any of the following is a plus, but not required: optical microscope imaging, current voltage (IV) curves in light and/or dark, photoluminescence (PL) and/or electroluminescence (EL), other optical or electrical testing experience, furnaces, actively cooled devices, connect/disconnect of coolant lines.
Salary Range: $45.00-55.00
Salary Basis: Hourly
This job posting contains the salary range that Antora Energy believes it would be willing to pay for the posted job. The actual salary offered will be determined within the posted range based on a candidate's experience, credentials, and expertise as they pertain to the requirements of the position.
In addition to a competitive base salary, Antora Energy’s Total Rewards program includes a premium health benefits package with life and disability insurance, a 401K plan, a flexible spending account, industry leading paid time off policy, providing a flexible and inclusive holiday observance, as well as paid volunteer time off.