Sr. Systems Engineer
Backed by Bill Gates’ Breakthrough Energy Ventures and Chris Sacca’s Lowercarbon Capital, Antora Energy turns sunshine and wind into a reliable, on-demand source of zero-carbon heat and power to enable deep decarbonization of industry and the electric grid. Propelled by a world-class team that includes leaders in their fields, Antora will eliminate gigatons of emissions while increasing U.S. energy security, reducing our dependence on global supply chains, supporting well-paying jobs, and protecting marginalized communities from industrial pollution.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. Our people are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy to everyone on earth. People join our team to do the most fulfilling and impactful work of their lives on climate change. Join one of the world’s most transformative climate tech companies. We’re ready to decarbonize the global economy. Are you?
Learn more about us HERE
In this role you will be responsible for driving systems design of the thermal energy storage modules and balance of plant equipment. Understanding of fundamental physical concepts around electrical systems design, heat and mass transfer at high temperatures along with ability to build comprehensive product models will be key to success in this role. Other important aspects include ability to incorporate first principles thinking with respect to system design and techno-economic analysis of energy systems. In addition, the candidate will embody the Antora values, demonstrating teamwork, excellent communication, and excellence in engineering
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform analytical calculations for thermal, electrical or mechanical components of the system design to determine performance and / or cost
- Build system models to understand performance, techno-economics, and / or inter-disciplinary trades to inform product design
- Perform system level analysis to deliver concept of operations and standard operating models for the product including scheduled maintenance intervals
- Determine component or system requirements to optimize upfront cost versus operation and maintenance costs
- Work on development of system architectures that are based on first principles thinking and analysis
- Work closely with product, supply chain, and manufacturing teams to develop an optimal product configuration that looks at the full product life-cycle from raw material to end of life requirements, including recycling, if any.
- Develop and maintain internal design practices and documentation on system design and modeling
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in systems, electrical, thermal and/or mechanical design teams
- Experience developing and delivering hardware products as lead design engineer or systems engineer
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Additional Qualifications Desired
- 7+ years of professional experience in hardware modeling or design roles with 2+ years experience as lead engineer on hardware related projects
- Experience with design of thermal and / or thermo-mechanical systems at industrial scale and high temperature environments
- Demonstrated understanding of thermal and systems analysis including failure modes of electrical and thermo-mechanical systems
Salary Basis: Annual
This job posting contains the salary range that Antora Energy believes it would be willing to pay for the posted job. The actual salary offered will be determined within the posted range based on a candidate's experience, credentials, and expertise as they pertain to the requirements of the position.
In addition to a competitive base salary, Antora Energy’s Total Rewards program includes a premium health benefits package with life and disability insurance, a 401K plan, a flexible spending account, industry leading paid time off policy, providing a flexible and inclusive holiday observance, as well as paid volunteer time off.