Mechanical Design Engineer (Sr / Staff)
Backed by Bill Gates’ Breakthrough Energy Ventures and Chris Sacca’s Lowercarbon Capital, Antora Energy turns sunshine and wind into a reliable, on-demand source of zero-carbon heat and power to enable deep decarbonization of industry and the electric grid. Propelled by a world-class team that includes leaders in their fields, Antora will eliminate gigatons of emissions while increasing U.S. energy security, reducing our dependence on global supply chains, supporting well-paying jobs, and protecting marginalized communities from industrial pollution.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. Our people are our most valuable asset, and we are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to providing clean, reliable, and affordable energy to everyone on earth. People join our team to do the most fulfilling and impactful work of their lives on climate change. Join one of the world’s most transformative climate tech companies. We’re ready to decarbonize the global economy. Are you?
Learn more about us HERE
We are seeking a self-driven and passionate individual to join our systems engineering team to deliver zero-carbon industrial heat and power with our novel solid state thermal battery. We are a tight-knit team that loves what we do. We strive to have an impact, working with humility and openness and building lifelong relationships along the way. You will collaborate with our engineering teams to scope, define, design, model, prototype, validate, and iterate the mechanical design of Antora’s thermal battery. You will be a key technical member of a cross-functional and rapidly growing organization. Your work will directly contribute to the demonstration of a first of a kind long-duration energy storage technology.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Drive hardware development for subsystems and components within Antora’s thermal battery system from basic architecture evaluations through conceptual, analysis, detailed design, prototype, test, and manufacturing phases
- Perform design calculations and trade studies for structural, thermal, and fluidic systems
- Work closely with other team members to develop systems requirements
- Develop and maintain internal design practices and documentation on mechanical design
- Support CAD best practices, drawings standards, and infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 6+ years relevant experience (power generation, aerospace, propulsion, etc.)
- Industry experience with Solidworks and PDM
- Strong engineering creating drawings (GD&T, ASME Y14.5)
- Professional experience with finite element analysis (FEA) software, e.g. ANSYS
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical and systems analysis including FMEA
- Experience developing and delivering hardware products as the responsible mechanical design engineer
- Demonstrated proficiency in designing for common manufacturing processes like welding, machining, sheet metal fabrication, etc for low-mid volume production
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Experience directly managing a technical team through a product development cycle focused on cost reduction, manufacturability, and production scale-up
- Experience with process engineering equipment (valves, actuators, instrumentation, piping) and best practices (P&IDs, PFDs, PHAs, etc.)
Salary Range: $160,000 USD - $185,000 USD
Salary Basis: Annual
This job posting contains the salary range that Antora Energy believes it would be willing to pay for the posted job. The actual salary offered will be determined within the posted range based on a candidate's experience, credentials, and expertise as they pertain to the requirements of the position.
In addition to a competitive base salary, Antora Energy’s Total Rewards program includes a premium health benefits package with life and disability insurance, a 401K plan, a flexible spending account, industry leading paid time off policy, providing a flexible and inclusive holiday observance, as well as paid volunteer time off.