Instrument and Controls Operator
At Antora, we’re on a mission to stop climate change and we can’t do that unless we tackle the 30% of global emissions that come from industry.
Antora is manufacturing thermal batteries that bridge the gap between renewable power and industrial production. Antora’s batteries store energy from renewables as heat for days on end, delivering that stored energy as heat and power at the scale and temperatures that large industrial operations demand. We’re on a path to eliminate gigatons of emissions while increasing U.S. energy security, strengthening domestic manufacturing, and protecting marginalized communities from industrial pollution.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. We are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to a future where every industrial facility, everywhere on earth, is powered by abundant, low-cost, zero-emissions energy.
Learn more about Antora Energy HERE
We are seeking an exceptionally driven and passionate individual to join our solid-state thermal battery engineering team. You will collaborate with internal engineering and operations teams to safely operate first-of-a-kind industrial installations of the Antora thermal battery. You will be a key technical member of a cross-functional and rapidly growing organization. Your work will directly contribute to the demonstration of a first of a kind long-duration energy storage technology.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Set-up, operate, configure, and maintain machinery
- Operate and run the facility through the plant SCADA system
- Directing construction crews or workers at site; oversee repairs
- Run facility tests
- Draft and submit reports on project status
- Generate and execute on designs for minor site or equipment modifications and upgrades
- Responsible for ensuring the machine produces high quality products, runs smoothly and at capacity, and is properly maintained
- Diagnose construction and machinery issues; perform maintenance; resolve onsite malfunctions
- Perform quality control, follow reporting and recordkeeping procedures, and report problems to supervisor
- Comply with all safety and health regulations
- Help with site package receiving and inventory control
- High School degree or GED
- 3+ years operating experience in a industrial facility, process industry, or similar relevant experience
- Instrumentation and controls background
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent at mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated experience working on teams in fast-moving environments and under pressure
- Ability to lift heavy equipment, to bend, and to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Willingness to work in shifts (late or early hours, weekends, and overtime if necessary)
- Strong communication skills to determine site needs and explain complex operational issues
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar field
- Previous lifting operations experience (fork lift, rigger, crane operator, etc.)
Salary Range: $40.00 USD - $55.00 USD
Salary Basis: Hourly
This job posting contains the salary range that Antora Energy believes it would be willing to pay for the posted job. The actual salary offered will be determined within the posted range based on a candidate's experience, credentials, and expertise as they pertain to the requirements of the position.
In addition to a competitive base salary, Antora Energy’s Total Rewards program includes a premium health benefits package with life and disability insurance, a 401K plan, a flexible spending account, industry leading paid time off policy, providing a flexible and inclusive holiday observance, as well as paid volunteer time off.