New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineer
At Antora, we’re on a mission to stop climate change and we can’t do that unless we tackle the 30% of global emissions that come from industry.
Antora is manufacturing thermal batteries that bridge the gap between renewable power and industrial production. Antora’s batteries store energy from renewables as heat for days on end, delivering that stored energy as heat and power at the scale and temperatures that large industrial operations demand. We’re on a path to eliminate gigatons of emissions while increasing U.S. energy security, strengthening domestic manufacturing, and protecting marginalized communities from industrial pollution.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. We are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to a future where every industrial facility, everywhere on earth, is powered by abundant, low-cost, zero-emissions energy.
We are seeking an exceptionally driven and passionate individual to join our New Product Introduction (NPI) team. You will collaborate with internal & external engineering teams to scope, define, design, and activate the tools and processes required to produce Antora thermal battery modules. You will be a key technical member of a cross-functional and rapidly growing organization. Your work will directly contribute to the demonstration of a first of a kind long-duration energy storage technology.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting all aspects of New Product Introduction (NPI) at Antora’s new pilot facility in San Jose. You will be involved in all aspects of introducing a novel product design to the manufacturing shop floor, including definition of process, design & commissioning of tooling & work centers, and first builds. You will develop these processes, tools, and work centers from first use through maturity to full-scale production. You will be hands-on and build the things you design to create the factory of the future for thermal batteries. In addition, the candidate will embody the Antora values, demonstrating teamwork, excellent communication, and excellence in engineering.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting all elements of new product introduction including blank-sheet process definition, novel tooling design, acquisition of heavy industrial equipment, generation of work instructions, operations, and transition from R&D builds to full-scale production
- Design and develop structures, mechanisms, and automation equipment to enable production and validation of Antora’s products
- Facilitate prototype builds by ensuring incremental milestones for production development are met
- Assist in facilities development, floor layout, headcount requirements, work instruction, and material flow definition
- Develop key validation methods & metrics to ensure the as-built product meets the design requirements
- Demonstrate ownership of projects through their entire lifecycle, from initial concept generation through fabrication and production bring-up
- Solve complex, open-ended problems with an emphasis on speed of execution and efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or demonstrated success in manufacturing engineering roles
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment via professional work experience, project/research-based student experience, or a combination of both
- Experience with Solidworks & PDM and/or NX & Teamcenter
- Strong, demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Experience with reading and generating engineering drawings (GD&T, ASME Y14.5)
- Demonstrated familiarity with common manufacturing processes like welding, machining, sheet metal fabrication, etc. for low-to-mid production volumes as well as hands-on machining experience
- Experience with custom machine design including electromechanical systems, end-of-arm tooling, motors, actuators, linear rails, bearings, lifting/rigging, etc.
- Experience generating work instructions in a production environment
- Experience with FEA and structural hand-calculations
- Experience transitioning products from R&D to full-scale production as part of a cross-functional team
- Experience with DOE, gage R&R, and process qualifications
- Experience defining production data requirements and statistical process control (SPC)
- Demonstrated experience implementing automation into production processes
- Experience working with and defining requirements for ERP, MRP and MES systems
Salary Range: $140,000 USD - $165,000 USD
Salary Basis: Annual
This job posting contains the salary range that Antora Energy believes it would be willing to pay for the posted job. The actual salary offered will be determined within the posted range based on a candidate's experience, credentials, and expertise as they pertain to the requirements of the position.
In addition to a competitive base salary, Antora Energy’s Total Rewards program includes a premium health benefits package with life and disability insurance, a 401K plan, a flexible spending account, industry leading paid time off policy, providing a flexible and inclusive holiday observance, as well as paid volunteer time off.