Director of Project Development
At Antora, we’re on a mission to stop climate change and we can’t do that unless we tackle the 30% of global emissions that come from industry.
Antora is manufacturing thermal batteries that bridge the gap between renewable power and industrial production. Antora’s batteries store energy from renewables as heat for days on end, delivering that stored energy as heat and power at the scale and temperatures that large industrial operations demand. We’re on a path to eliminate gigatons of emissions while increasing U.S. energy security, strengthening domestic manufacturing, and protecting marginalized communities from industrial pollution.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. We are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to a future where every industrial facility, everywhere on earth, is powered by abundant, low-cost, zero-emissions energy.
This is a leadership role within the project development team to originate high quality project opportunities in targeted markets and regions and develop them to a state of maturity sufficient to achieve FID. Lead a cross-cutting team of business developers, applications engineers, and analysts to bring near-term, credible, industrial decarbonization projects to life. Help create the “template” for a high-performance, efficient, productive deal team. Deal team would be supported by legal, financing, power origination, and engineering teams to help drive projects to FID.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build and lead Antora’s first deal team, responsible for originating high-quality decarbonization project opportunities with industrial offtakers.
- Develop creative, customer-oriented solutions–built on Antora’s thermal battery modules–to profitably reduce industrial GHG emissions
- Negotiate and secure large volumes of commercial off-take agreements for zero-carbon energy with industrial facilities
- Manage early-stage project development budget to progress promising opportunities towards investability
- Build relationships with senior management of prospective customers and manage relationships with key strategic partners
- 7+ years experience of taking projects through the lifecycle of energy project development.
- Track record of successfully originating industrial energy deals, and bringing projects through FID.
- Experience leading a high performance team
- Experience within renewable electricity markets or industrial thermal applications
- Strong quantitative and problem solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills and relationship builder.
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Experience building development teams and development processes
In addition to a competitive base salary, Antora Energy’s Total Rewards program includes a premium health benefits package with life and disability insurance, a 401K plan, a flexible spending account, industry leading paid time off policy, providing a flexible and inclusive holiday observance, as well as paid volunteer time off.