Marketing and Communications Manager
At Antora, we’re on a mission to stop climate change and we can’t do that unless we tackle the 30% of global emissions that come from industry.
Antora is manufacturing thermal batteries that bridge the gap between renewable power and industrial production. Antora’s batteries store energy from renewables as heat for days on end, delivering that stored energy as heat and power at the scale and temperatures that large industrial operations demand. We’re on a path to eliminate gigatons of emissions while increasing U.S. energy security, strengthening domestic manufacturing, and protecting marginalized communities from industrial pollution.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. We are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to a future where every industrial facility, everywhere on earth, is powered by abundant, low-cost, zero-emissions energy.
As Marketing and Communications Manager, you will help create and implement marketing and communications strategies that advance Antora’s commercial objectives, elevate Antora’s brand, and accelerate industrial decarbonization. Armed with a passion for climate storytelling, you will help introduce a new technology—thermal batteries—to a variety of stakeholders from customers to investors, talent, and policymakers, helping usher in a clean energy future. In collaboration with Antora’s senior leadership and the commercial and product teams, you will lead the development of marketing and communications materials, digital advertising campaigns, and creative approaches to speed the deployment of Antora’s thermal batteries. This position will report to the VP of Communications and Public Policy. This is a unique opportunity to join a world-class team at a fast-growing startup poised to rapidly scale our breakthrough industrial decarbonization technology.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop marketing campaigns and communications materials from inception to completion, working with Antora team members and external agencies to ensure projects are completed on time and on brand
- Execute marketing and communications plans and strategies with clear goals, target audiences, tactics, and success metrics
- Develop and execute lead generation initiatives, including but not limited to content marketing, newsletters, webinars, events, and partnerships. Drive the creation of high-quality content tailored to relevant audiences
- Manage digital marketing campaigns across various channels, including social media, email marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), and pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, to increase brand visibility and drive engagement.
- In collaboration with communications team and external agencies, build and update media lists and research reporters and influencers to proactively contact; craft press releases and pitches for reporters
- Manage and grow Antora’s social media channels and digital presence
- Draft copy for Antora’s websites, social media, and email marketing, ensuring consistent messaging throughout
- Identify and pitch Antora team members for public speaking opportunities and help prepare them for these opportunities
- Proactively identify and leverage newsmaking moments and milestones to drive awareness and interest in Antora and climate tech solutions among target audiences
- Develop and execute Antora’s strategy for conferences and events, including evaluating, securing, and provide marketing support for external events
- Provide commercial team with the necessary tools, materials, and resources—including, but not limited to videos and customer testimonials—to effectively communicate the value proposition of Antora’s thermal batteries
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders, including senior management and the commercial team, to align marketing strategies with overall business goals
- Ensure that all marketing and communications materials and activities adhere to the highest standard of excellence
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, communications, or public relations
- B2B or industrial marketing experience a plus
- Excellent initiative, follow-through, and project management skills
- Outstanding writing, editing, and verbal communications skills, including communicating at different levels of depth (more in-depth for industry audiences; simplified for lay audiences)
- Experience working on digital campaigns, social media channels, and media outreach
- Experience with graphic design, video, and Salesforce is a plus
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal/collaborative skills with staff and counterparts at all organizational levels and with external partners
- Deep interest, passion, and commitment to addressing climate change
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, and collaborative environment
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and multitasking abilities to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects
- Keen eye for detail, ensuring all content is strategic, on-brand, and valuable to our audiences
Work Location: Washington, D.C. area or San Francisco bay area