Head of Talent Acquisition
At Antora, we’re on a mission to stop climate change. And we can’t do that unless we tackle the 30% of global emissions that come from industry.
Antora is unlocking zero-emissions industrial energy, cheaper than fossil fuels. Antora’s thermal batteries store energy from renewables as heat for days on end, delivering that stored energy as heat and power at the scale and temperatures that large industrial operations demand. We’re on a path to eliminate gigatons of emissions while strengthening domestic manufacturing, curbing industrial air pollution, and enhancing America’s clean energy leadership.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. We are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to a future where every industrial facility, everywhere on earth, is powered by abundant, low-cost, zero-emissions energy.
Antora is seeking a Head of Talent Acquisition to build and lead a best-in-class recruiting operation to help us grow from 75 - 200 employees and beyond. Reporting to the Head of People & Culture, this role will take on leadership of a growing team of recruiters and talent coordinators, enabling Antora to hire at a rate of 10-15 FTEs per month as we ramp up manufacturing of our first product.
In this role you will partner closely with our senior leadership team to define and implement a talent acquisition strategy based on our ambitious goals and unique culture. Our goal is to continue building a diverse and dynamic team that is built for the long haul. You will be joining a deeply mission-driven team committed to solving climate change for the future of humanity and focused on building an organization that reflects our mission and values as we grow.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Establish and implement Antora's hiring philosophy and methodology, aligned with our business objectives and organizational culture. This includes setting broad hiring goals, enhancing our employer brand, building a diverse candidate pipeline, and ensuring a positive and inclusive candidate experience as we scale from 75-200+ employees.
- Define success metrics and stakeholder engagement strategy for the TA function, proactively seeking feedback on a regular cadence to improve our hiring process
- Serve as the people leader for our team of 3-4 recruiters and 2-3 coordinators
- Manage the operational execution of the full cycle hiring process, enabling us to hire efficiently at a rate of 10-15 FTEs/mo. Define roles, responsibilities, and resource needs across the team.
- Proactively build, monitor, and maintain a warm pipeline of prospects for future roles based on Antora’s hiring plan
- Assist our department heads in devising and implementing team-specific and strategic staffing plans.
- Design and deliver training programs for our managers and staff, equipping them to effectively contribute to the talent acquisition and diversity efforts.
- Lead searches for key leadership roles (supported by external exec search partners, if appropriate) and support other high priority searches as a surge resource.
- 15+ years of experience as a recruiter, with at least 5+ years leading a recruitment team
- Strategic thinker able to design talent acquisition strategies aligned with broader business objectives, stakeholder expectations, and diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- Skilled operator and manager with a proven track record of guiding teams to successfully meet or exceed recruitment targets.
- Proven track record of developing people and teams, empowering team members to grow while maintaining accountability for results.
- Experience defining, documenting, and refining new talent acquisition processes and incorporating them into team workflows
- Experience rallying stakeholders across an organization to engage as active partners in the talent acquisition process
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal; able to interface fluidly with candidates, internal, and external stakeholders at all levels.
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Experience leading a team that has achieved 100+ hires per year in a high-growth startup.
- Experience recruiting for hardware or manufacturing organizations
- Experience developing a college recruitment program
Work Location: Onsite - San Jose, CA
Salary Range: $210,000 USD - $240,000 USD
Salary Basis: Annual
This job posting contains the salary range that Antora Energy believes it would be willing to pay for the posted job. The actual salary offered will be determined within the posted range based on a candidate's experience, credentials, and expertise as they pertain to the requirements of the position.
In addition to a competitive base salary, Antora Energy’s Total Rewards program includes a premium health benefits package with life and disability insurance, a 401K plan, a flexible spending account, industry leading paid time off policy, providing a flexible and inclusive holiday observance, as well as paid volunteer time off.