At Antora, we’re on a mission to stop climate change. And we can’t do that unless we tackle the 30% of global emissions that come from industry.
Antora is unlocking zero-emissions industrial energy, cheaper than fossil fuels. Antora’s thermal batteries store energy from renewables as heat for days on end, delivering that stored energy as heat and power at the scale and temperatures that large industrial operations demand. We’re on a path to eliminate gigatons of emissions while strengthening domestic manufacturing, curbing industrial air pollution, and enhancing America’s clean energy leadership.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. We are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to a future where every industrial facility, everywhere on earth, is powered by abundant, low-cost, zero-emissions energy.
We are seeking an exceptionally driven and passionate individual to join our solid-state thermal battery engineering team. You will collaborate with internal & external engineering teams to scope, define, design, and model the thermo-mechanical design of the Antora thermal battery module components and sub-systems. You will be a key technical member of a cross-functional and rapidly growing organization. Your work will directly contribute to the demonstration of a first of a kind long-duration energy storage technology.
In this role you will be responsible for driving systems design of the thermal energy storage modules and balance of plant equipment. Understanding of fundamental physical concepts around electrical systems design, heat and mass transfer at high temperatures along with ability to build comprehensive product models will be key to success in this role. Other important aspects include ability to incorporate first principles thinking with respect to system design, component designs, and techno-economic analysis of energy systems. In addition, the candidate will embody the Antora values, demonstrating teamwork, excellent communication, and excellence in engineering.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform analytical calculations for thermal, electrical or mechanical components of the system design to determine performance and / or cost
- Build system models to understand performance, techno-economics, and / or inter-disciplinary trades to inform product design
- Perform technical analysis to deliver concept of hardware components, operations and standard operating models for the product including scheduled maintenance intervals
- Work on development of system architectures that are based on first principles thinking and analysis
- Work closely with product, supply chain, and manufacturing teams to develop an optimal product configuration that looks at the full product life-cycle from raw material to end of life requirements, including recycling, if any.
- Develop and maintain internal design practices and documentation on system design and modeling
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Less than 2 years of professional experience in systems, electrical, thermal and/or mechanical design teams
- Thermal and mechanical design experience including CAD and GD&T skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Experience with design of thermal and / or thermo-mechanical systems at industrial scale and high temperature environments
- Demonstrated understanding of thermal and systems analysis including failure modes of electrical and thermo-mechanical systems
- Experience building complex assemblies using mechanical design tools and CAD software as well manufacturing methods like machining, welding, etc.
Work Location: Onsite - San Jose, CA
Salary Range: $90,000 USD - $105,000 USD
Salary Basis: Annual
This job posting contains the salary range that Antora Energy believes it would be willing to pay for the posted job. The actual salary offered will be determined within the posted range based on a candidate's experience, credentials, and expertise as they pertain to the requirements of the position.
In addition to a competitive base salary, Antora Energy’s Total Rewards program includes a premium health benefits package with life and disability insurance, a 401K plan, a flexible spending account, industry leading paid time off policy, providing a flexible and inclusive holiday observance, as well as paid volunteer time off.