Strategic Supply Chain Manager
At Antora, we’re on a mission to stop climate change. And we can’t do that unless we tackle the 30% of global emissions that come from industry.
Antora is unlocking zero-emissions industrial energy, cheaper than fossil fuels. Antora’s thermal batteries store energy from renewables as heat for days on end, delivering that stored energy as heat and power at the scale and temperatures that large industrial operations demand. We’re on a path to eliminate gigatons of emissions while strengthening domestic manufacturing, curbing industrial air pollution, and enhancing America’s clean energy leadership.
We are growing our company with people who put team and mission first, value connection through laughter and joy, and build with humility and openness. We are committed to continue building a diverse, passionate, and creative team dedicated to a future where every industrial facility, everywhere on earth, is powered by abundant, low-cost, zero-emissions energy.
The Strategic Supply Chain Manager is responsible for creating and executing Antora Energy’s sourcing strategy to innovate and define the path to deliver the lowest cost of stored energy by 2024. Antora Energy is electrifying heavy industry with zero-carbon heat and power. We make it possible and profitable to fully rely on renewable energy for industrial processes. We are in the process of building our first commercial scale systems.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Identify strategic suppliers for pilot and commercial energy storage systems based on quality, supply capacity and cost.
- Negotiate supply agreements and Bill Of Materials (BOM) cost.
- Manage supplier relationships, forecasts, and on-time deliveries.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Finance and Legal to create, execute and evolve the sourcing strategy.
- Maintain executive relationships with suppliers, lead Executive Business Reviews, and escalate to resolve supply chain challenges that require executive intervention.
- Improve supply chain and supplier performance, including the use of cost models and objective-based performance measures.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives that aim to reduce lead times and cost, improve quality, and reduce financial exposure.
- Create & implement supply chain tools, processes, and policies (ex: Supplier Code of Conduct and Business Conduct).
- Define, recruit, hire, and train a supply chain organization, as needs arise. Ensure buyers/planners are sufficiently supporting supply chain activities.
- Develop and maintain “should cost” models for key components.
- 5+ years’ experience in supply chain management including strategic and tactical supply, and executive escalations.
- Track record of successes in achieving major cost reductions through collaboration with suppliers and engineering to allow supplier’s deep knowledge of cost drivers to influence design.
- Love for negotiating costs and contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, supply chain, engineering, or a related discipline
- Experience working independently, as well as working in a team-orientated and fast-paced environment
- Use statistical concepts and theories to analyze and collect data and construct solutions to business problems
- Working knowledge and experience with MRP/ERP business software
- Empathy, sensitivity, and ability to effectively interact with a broad and diverse range of colleagues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fun-loving team player.
- Ability to work onsite at our San Jose facility.
Additional Qualifications Desired
- Management experience
- Supply chain experience with heavy/large equipment and/or industrial settings
Work Location: Onsite - San Jose, CA
Salary Range: $160,000 USD - $175,000 USD
Salary Basis: Annual
This job posting contains the salary range that Antora Energy believes it would be willing to pay for the posted job. The actual salary offered will be determined within the posted range based on a candidate's experience, credentials, and expertise as they pertain to the requirements of the position.
In addition to a competitive base salary, Antora Energy’s Total Rewards program includes a premium health benefits package with life and disability insurance, a 401K plan, a flexible spending account, industry leading paid time off policy, providing a flexible and inclusive holiday observance, as well as paid volunteer time off.