Staff Engineer - Cell Mechanical Design
Who you are:
You are an experienced engineer with the skills and drive to make lithium metal batteries a reality. You’ll design and improve the cells that go into our customers’ battery-powered aircraft. You have experience designing and building cells in other contexts - now be part of the team that enables the electrification of aviation.
Ideal candidates have excellent communication skills, are detail-oriented, and thrive with hands-on lab work. They are a solution-oriented person who proactively identifies and addresses problems, and takes pride in the quality of their work. Critically, they should excel in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic startup environment.
Join us in building the future of energy.
Cuberg is commercializing next-generation battery technology to power the future of electric mobility. The company was acquired in 2021 by Northvolt, a global supplier of sustainable, high-quality battery cells and systems. As Northvolt's Advanced Technology Center operating in Silicon Valley, Cuberg is developing and commercializing lithium metal batteries, building an innovation ecosystem around lithium-ion technology, and leveraging Northvolt's state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities to rapidly scale up production of advanced batteries.
- Integrate advanced materials and technologies into record breaking cell designs
- Design and execute experiments to elucidate how design factors contribute to cell performance and safety
- Utilize modelling to inform design factors
- Maintain and improve on mechanical drawings of parts and components in Cuberg's Li-metal cell
- Interface with equipment and process teams to ensure high quality production of unique cell designs
- Build Cuberg’s technical competency and support the growth of junior engineers
- At least a B.S. in engineering or physical science with 5 years of related experience, less with an advanced degree
- Experience with battery cell design
- Strong collaboration and data-driven experimental design skills
The San Fransisco / Bay Area base salary range for this full-time position is $127,500 - $158,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including generous stock options, to help you and your family build a healthy and secure future.
- Group health benefits that provide strong support for employee well-being and preventative care, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and flexible savings account plans
- A retirement program that helps build future financial security through both traditional and Roth 401(k) options with employer matching
- Generous paid time off plans to renew and refresh through vacation, personal leave, holidays, and parental leave