Staff Battery Control Algorithm Engineer, Battery Management Systems
The Battery Control Algorithm Engineer for Battery Management Systems will model, develop, specify and implement control and algorithms for next generation real time high voltage battery application. The successful candidate will work closely with hardware, software, data intelligence and cell engineering teams to develop a new class of battery system including algorithm, architectures, validation and product. The candidates are comfortable in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic startup environment. You will be working on high impact battery system solutions with a wide range of projects.
Join us in building the future of energy.
Cuberg builds high-performance energy solutions based on next-generation technology for the world’s most demanding battery applications. Cuberg technology, paired with the manufacturing excellence of parent company Northvolt, will help give rise to a new generation of mobility businesses and decarbonize hard-to-abate segments of the transportation industry.
Cuberg technology uses a lithium metal anode and proprietary liquid electrolyte to simultaneously solve the interlocking challenges of battery performance and manufacturability. While incumbent battery technologies, such as lithium-ion, can be too heavy and low-performing for use in aircraft, Cuberg’s battery cells are lightweight and high-performance. The technology is also compatible with industry standard manufacturing methods, enabling scalability, reliability and traceability across the value chain.
Cuberg and Northvolt believe that complete electrification will require a revolutionary spirit and a practical mind. We won’t just design the world’s best batteries—we will ship them at scale.
- 3+ years of experience with battery algorithm design
- Strong knowledge in control system analysis and estimation algorithm design
- Experience with battery modeling
- Simulation dynamic models of electrical systems
- Experience in BMS algorithm integration and validation
- Coding skills in MATLAB, Python, C and C++
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities
- Model-Based development experience
- Experience working on safety critical applications with full cycle development including certification including aerospace, vehicle, energy, etc
- Working experience and familiarity with BMS features, algorithms, diagnostics, and prognostic development
- Experience, understanding, and intuition for the electrochemical physics and thermals of lithium metal and lithium ion cells
- Experience with Functional safety, DO-254, DO-330, DO-331
The target US compensation range for this full-time position is $127,000-$192,000 + equity + benefits. Compensation ranges are determined by level, role and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the target for new hire total cash compensation (base + bonus), individual pay is determined by additional factors including relevant job-related skills, experience and additional factors. Your recruiter will be happy to share more about about the salary range during your hiring process"
- Generous stock options
- Group health benefits that provide strong support for employee well-being and preventative care, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and flexible savings account plans
- A retirement program that helps build future financial security through both traditional and Roth 401(k) options with employer matching
- Generous paid time off plans to renew and refresh through vacation, personal leave, holidays, and parental leave