Staff Embedded Software Engineer, Battery Management Systems
The Embedded Software Engineer for Battery Management Systems will drive the next generation of battery module and pack management systems development. Ideal candidates are experienced embedded software engineers with battery experience and are comfortable in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic startup environment. You will be working on high impact battery system solutions with a wide range of projects. The role will focus on the module, pack, system software, firmware, ranging from control algorithms, architecture, implementation, validation and integrations.
Join us in building the future of energy.
Cuberg is commercializing next-generation battery technology to power the future of electric mobility. The company was acquired in 2021 by Northvolt, a global supplier of sustainable, high-quality battery cells and systems. As Northvolt's Advanced Technology Center operating in Silicon Valley, Cuberg is developing and commercializing lithium metal batteries, building an innovation ecosystem around lithium-ion technology, and leveraging Northvolt's state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities to rapidly scale up production of advanced batteries.
- Execute BMS software development for performance, scalability, modularity and validation
- Drive embedded software architecture, RTOS features development and integration
- Lead design, implementation and validation of mission and safety-critical software features and support certification
- Design, implement and test cutting-edge algorithms for run-time BMS applications
- Work cross functionally with multi-disciplinary team to develop, integrate and verify complex systems, including controller bring-up, integration, requirement development, etc
- Communicate progress and results to stakeholders in a concise and effective manner
- 5+ years of embedded programming design experience
- Proficiency in C/C++ and debugging embedded systems
- Expert software fundamental including architectural design, algorithm development, data structures, code modularity, etc
- Experience with RTOS and bare-metal development environments
- Experience with driver, communication protocols development, PCB bring up
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities
- Experience working with safety critical applications with full cycle development including certification including aerospace, vehicle, energy, etc
- Working experience and familiarity with BMS feature, algorithm, diagnostic, prognostic development
- Scripting skills in at least one common language
- Experience with control system, battery system development, development
- Experience with Model based development including modeling, simulation, etc
- Experience with Matlab/Simulation, Embedded Coder
- Experience with Functional safety, DO-254, DO-330, DO-331
The target US compensation range for this full-time position is $127,000-$192,000 + equity + benefits. Compensation ranges are determined by level, role and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the target for new hire cash compensation, individual pay is determined by additional factors including relevant job-related skills, experience and additional factors. Your recruiter will be happy to share more about about the salary range during your hiring process.
- Generous stock options
- Group health benefits that provide strong support for employee well-being and preventative care, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and flexible savings account plans
- A retirement program that helps build future financial security through both traditional and Roth 401(k) options with employer matching
- Generous paid time off plans to renew and refresh through vacation, personal leave, holidays, and parental leave