Battery Test Engineer, Validation
Cuberg, a cutting-edge battery technology company, is seeking a highly motivated Test Engineer to join our team. The Ideal candidate will have neware cycler scripting experience and thrive on working cross functionally to lead the development, testing, and optimization of our next-generation battery technologies and drive the design, implementation, and maintenance of test fixtures and equipment to support multiple forms types of testing.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Materials Science, Physics or a related field with 2 years of experience
- Cell level and cycling test experience
- Experience developing tests to run on on Neware Cyclers
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with a focus on working cross functionally
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Familiarity with laboratory procedures and and battery testing equipment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A Safety First mentality
- Understanding of Validation/Verification and Reliability Testing and how it relates to the Product Development Pipeline
- Script cycle testing on Neware, arbin and biologic channels to support testing on major projects
- Start, stop and monitor test on Neware cyclers
- Identify and propose and make improvements to existing test processes and equipment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure testing meets project goals, requirements and timelines.
- Participating in design reviews to ensure testing requirements are incorporated into product design.
- Work with vendors to coordinate and set up new testing facilities and capabilities
- Provide feedback to stakeholders on Test Plan and specification development to ensure that test plans align with project goals, exploit previous learnings, and meet all testing safety requirements.
- Drive the operational process of testing for R&D
- Lead the troubleshooting of equipment and other technical issues related to testing
The San Francisco / Bay Area cash compensation (base + bonus) range for this full-time position is $105,000 - $126,000 + equity + benefits.
- Generous stock options
- Group health benefits that provide strong support for employee well-being and preventative care, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and flexible savings account plans
- A retirement program that helps build future financial security through both traditional and Roth 401(k) options with employer matching
- Generous paid time off plans to renew and refresh through vacation, personal leave, holidays, and parental leave