The Maintenance Technician will help scale up Cuberg’s lithium battery production capability by performing preventative maintenance on lab R&D and manufacturing equipment for minimal production downtime. They will also be responsible for routine equipment inspections and troubleshooting basic facility maintenance issues in order to build a safer and more productive work site.
Cuberg is commercializing next-generation battery technology to power the future of electric mobility. The company was acquired in 2021 by Northvolt, a global supplier of sustainable, high-quality battery cells and systems. As Northvolt's Advanced Technology Center operating in Silicon Valley, Cuberg is developing and commercializing lithium metal batteries, building an innovation ecosystem around lithium-ion technology, and leveraging Northvolt's state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities to rapidly scale up production of advanced batteries.
Join us in building the future of energy.
- Perform basic facility maintenance items such as changing out light fixtures, minor plumbing repairs, and simple electrical work to keep the facility running
- Troubleshoot issues on R&D lab and manufacturing equipment
- Work with external mechanical, electrical, and specialty contractors when necessary
- Assist with evaluating equipment design and commissioning equipment for manufacturing/R&D capital projects
- High School Diploma; Associates degree or technical degree from a trade school preferred
- Strong safety-first attitude
- Working knowledge of major trades
- Basic knowledge of computer software such as Google Workspace, Microsoft Suite, CMMS, etc.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
The San Fransisco / Bay Area base salary range for this full-time position is $22/hr - $52/hr + equity + benefits.
- Base pay is determined by level + years' of relevant experience
We offer a competitive compensation, including generous stock options, and benefits package to help you and your family build a healthy and secure future.
- Group health benefits that provide strong support for employee well-being and preventative care, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and flexible savings account plans
- A retirement program that helps build future financial security through both traditional and Roth 401(k) options with employer matching
- Generous paid time off plans to renew and refresh through vacation, personal leave, holidays, and parental leave