Senior Battery Cell Engineer - Cell Reliability
The Battery Cell Engineer - Cell Reliability will lead DFMEA efforts for Cuberg’s cell products, from a testing and production data perspective. This person would be responsible for driving root cause efforts by identifying key degradation and failure modes, while building our product knowledge base using data, reliability and statistical frameworks. This person’s work would be particularly certification-driven, building and owning an FMEA-FTA for specific customer-product programs.
Ideal candidates are adaptable, highly organized, communicative, humble yet deliberate, capable of analyzing/solving complex problems, and comfortable in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic startup environment.
Join us in building the future of energy.
Cuberg is commercializing next-generation battery technology to power the future of electric mobility. The company was acquired in 2021 by Northvolt, a global supplier of sustainable, high-quality battery cells and systems. As Northvolt's Advanced Technology Center operating in Silicon Valley, Cuberg is developing and commercializing lithium metal batteries, building an innovation ecosystem around lithium-ion technology, and leveraging Northvolt's state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities to rapidly scale up production of advanced batteries.
- MS/PhD in Chem Engr, Materials, similar + >3 yrs industry experience in reliability, quality, FMEA
- Competence with data tools (Python, SQL, etc) and statistics
- Cell/pack cycling performance projections (field and/or test)
- Experience in a production environment a huge plus
- Own cell reliability testing planning and execution, coordinating with a number of cross-functional teams
- Deliver testing and data-driven DFMEA-FTA documents for Cuberg product-customer programs
- Deliver failure projections with high confidence as critical output for specific customer programs
- From testing and reliability perspective, drive degradation and failure mode root cause analysis
- Build support for, propose and coordinate DOEs for hypothesis testing, process changes, spec development and validation for cell production and quality
- The San Francisco / Bay Area cash compensation (base + bonus) range for this full-time position is $104,000 - $175,000 + equity + benefits.
- Generous stock options
- Group health benefits that provide strong support for employee well-being and preventative care, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and flexible savings account plans
- A retirement program that helps build future financial security through both traditional and Roth 401(k) options with employer matching
- Generous paid time off plans to renew and refresh through vacation, personal leave, holidays, and parental leave