Staff Battery Equipment Engineer
Cuberg, a leading company in the renewable energy industry, is seeking an experienced Equipment / Process Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical support for the design, installation, and operation of battery manufacturing equipment and processes.
Cuberg is dedicated to developing and commercializing lithium metal batteries, with a focus on powering the future of electric mobility. The company's breakthrough technology delivers generational improvements in energy density and power output, and has been validated by the U.S. Department of Energy. Cuberg is a part of Northvolt, a global supplier of high-quality battery cells and systems, with a mission to provide sustainable energy solutions. The company's commitment to innovation and leading-edge technology make it an exciting and dynamic place to work.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure manufacturing equipment and processes meet safety, quality, and productivity requirements.
- Lead equipment installation and commissioning to ensure timely and successful start-up of new equipment.
- Develop and implement process improvements to improve equipment performance, reduce downtime, and increase product quality and yield.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and integration of equipment and processes with overall business objectives.
- Troubleshoot equipment and process issues to identify root cause and implement effective corrective and preventative actions.
- Develop and maintain equipment and process documentation, including SOPs, training materials, and maintenance procedures.
- Provide training and support to operations and maintenance personnel to ensure efficient and effective use of manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in equipment/process engineering, preferably in an industrial or manufacturing setting.
- Strong technical knowledge of battery manufacturing equipment and processes, including safety, quality, and productivity requirements.
- Experience with equipment design, installation, and commissioning, including ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing process improvements, and ability to coach and develop others in process improvement methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and present technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with ability to analyze data and identify creative and effective solutions to complex problems.
The San Francisco / Bay Area cash compensation (base + bonus) range for this full-time position is $104,000 - $126,000 + equity + benefits.
- Generous stock options
- Group health benefits that provide strong support for employee well-being and preventative care, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and flexible savings account plans
- A retirement program that helps build future financial security through both traditional and Roth 401(k) options with employer matching
- Generous paid time off plans to renew and refresh through vacation, personal leave, holidays, and parental leave