Controller Verification Lead, Battery Management Systems
Cuberg is seeking a talented Controller Verification Lead to join our Battery Management Systems team as we disrupt and revolutionize the electric mobility industry. As the leader in developing lithium metal battery technology, we are committed to enhancing energy density, power output, and sustainability of our products. This role will work closely with system engineers to drive the development of advanced battery management systems for electric vehicles, aircraft, and other applications, and to verify system-level functionality. This includes collaborating with other teams to develop test plans, reviewing results, and resolving issues. As Northvolt's Advanced Technology Center operating in Silicon Valley, we are an innovation ecosystem that is building a sustainable future while leveraging the state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities of Northvolt to scale up production of advanced batteries.
- Design, develop, and manage system-level test plans for battery management systems
- Analyze test results and diagnose issues to provide feedback to the design team
- Develop and implement automated test scripts for integration testing
- Collaborate with system engineers, software engineers, and firmware engineers to resolve issues
- Plan and execute tests on battery packs and characterize performance
- Develop and implement processes to verify the functionality and reliability of battery management systems
- Ensure compliance with relevant industry standards
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in design and verification of battery management systems
- Experience with verification methodologies and test plan development
- Strong understanding of battery chemistry and thermal management
- Knowledge of battery safety mechanisms and regulations
- Understanding of CAN bus and communication protocols
- Understanding of software and firmware development processes
- Experience with programming languages such as Python or C++ is a plus
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including generous stock options, to help you and your family build a healthy and secure future.
- Group health benefits that provide strong support for employee well-being and preventative care, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and flexible savings account plans
- A retirement program that helps build future financial security through both traditional and Roth 401(k) options with employer matching
- Generous paid time off plans to renew and refresh through vacation, personal leave, holidays, and parental leave
The target US compensation range for this full-time position is $161,000-$215,000 + equity + benefits. Compensation ranges are determined by level, role and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the target for new hire total cash compensation (base + bonus), individual pay is determined by additional factors including relevant job-related skills, experience and additional factors. Your recruiter will be happy to share more about about the salary range during your hiring process.