Senior Battery Test Technician
Cuberg, a Northvolt company, is seeking a skilled Senior Battery Test Technician to support the development and testing of our groundbreaking lithium metal battery technology. As a member of our team, you will work alongside scientists and engineers to test, evaluate, and analyze the performance of our batteries at multiple stages of development. Cuberg's technology, which has been validated by the U.S. Department of Energy, delivers significant improvements in energy density and power output, making it ideally suited to power the next generation of electric vehicles and aircraft.
At Cuberg, we are passionate about advancing clean energy solutions and are committed to creating a sustainable future. As a critical member of our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research and development that will shape the future of electric mobility.
Join us in building the future of energy.
- Conduct tests on Cuberg's lithium metal batteries at various stages of development
- Collect and analyze data using laboratory equipment and software
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and perform basic repairs
- Develop protocols for testing procedures and maintain test records
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support the development of new products and processes
- Support the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
- Ensure compliance with safety protocols and maintain a clean and organized laboratory environment
- Associate's degree or equivalent in a relevant scientific field (e.g. chemistry, physics, materials science)
- 3+ years of experience in a laboratory setting, preferably in battery testing or related field
- Knowledge of battery testing techniques and laboratory safety protocols
- Proficiency in data collection, analysis, and interpretation using common laboratory software (e.g. Excel, MATLAB)
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to lift and move heavy equipment and materials as needed.
The San Francisco / Bay Area cash compensation base hourly range for this full-time position is $26/hr - $55/hr + equity + benefits.
- Generous stock options
- Group health benefits that provide strong support for employee well-being and preventative care, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and flexible savings account plans
- A retirement program that helps build future financial security through both traditional and Roth 401(k) options with employer matching
- Generous paid time off plans to renew and refresh through vacation, personal leave, holidays, and parental leave