Battery Cell Engineer - Cell Design and Integration
As a Battery Cell Engineer - Cell Design and Integration, you will be responsible for designing and integrating battery cells to meet customer requirements and increase energy efficiency. You will own qualification testing of proposed changes, participate in multidisciplinary design reviews, and maintain proper documentation and best practices as the change is released to production. Strong collaboration skills will be required as this role will interface with manufacturing, materials R&D, modelling, and systems teams. A successful candidate should be organized, be passionate about energy storage, and strive for continuous learning.
Cuberg builds high-performance energy solutions based on next-generation technology for the world’s most demanding battery applications. Cuberg technology, paired with the manufacturing excellence of parent company Northvolt, will help give rise to a new generation of mobility businesses and decarbonize hard-to-abate segments of the transportation industry.
Cuberg technology uses a lithium metal anode and proprietary liquid electrolyte to simultaneously solve the interlocking challenges of battery performance and manufacturability. While incumbent battery technologies, such as lithium-ion, can be too heavy and low-performing for use in aircraft, Cuberg’s battery cells are lightweight and high-performance. The technology is also compatible with industry standard manufacturing methods, enabling scalability, reliability and traceability across the value chain.
Cuberg and Northvolt believe that complete electrification will require a revolutionary spirit and a practical mind. We won’t just design the world’s best batteries—we will ship them at scale.
- Design and develop battery cell components using CAD software and simulation tools.
- Work with the manufacturing team to ensure that battery designs can be scaled up to production.
- Collaborate with other engineers to optimize battery cell performance and energy efficiency.
- Investigate the root cause of any production issues and provide solutions.
- Perform testing and qualification of cell components.
- Develop and maintain documentation for battery cell design and integration.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and emerging technologies related to battery cell design and integration.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical or Materials Engineering.
- Proficiency in CAD software such as Onshape, SolidWorks, or AutoCAD.
- Basic proficiency in programming, preferably python.
- Experience in lithium metal or lithium ion batteries is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present technical information to non-technical stakeholders.