Battery Design and CAE Manager
Cuberg, a company that uses next-generation technology to build high-performance energy solutions, is seeking a Battery Design and CAE Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will play a key role in designing and developing the company’s next-generation battery products. With a lightweight and high-performance lithium metal anode and proprietary liquid electrolyte technology, Cuberg’s batteries are uniquely positioned to solve the challenges of battery performance and manufacturability in hard-to-abate segments of the transportation industry. As Battery Design Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team to design and develop state-of-the-art battery products that support the company’s mission to decarbonize the transportation industry.
Cuberg builds high-performance energy solutions based on next-generation technology for the world’s most demanding battery applications. Cuberg technology, paired with the manufacturing excellence of parent company Northvolt, will help give rise to a new generation of mobility businesses and decarbonize hard-to-abate segments of the transportation industry.
Cuberg technology uses a lithium metal anode and proprietary liquid electrolyte to simultaneously solve the interlocking challenges of battery performance and manufacturability. While incumbent battery technologies, such as lithium-ion, can be too heavy and low-performing for use in aircraft, Cuberg’s battery cells are lightweight and high-performance. The technology is also compatible with industry standard manufacturing methods, enabling scalability, reliability and traceability across the value chain.
Cuberg and Northvolt believe that complete electrification will require a revolutionary spirit and a practical mind. We won’t just design the world’s best batteries—we will ship them at scale.
- Manage the design and development of Cuberg’s lithium metal anode battery products
- Lead a team of battery design and CAE engineers and work cross-functionally within Cuberg to ensure design excellence and manufacturability
- Develop and maintain the design process for Cuberg's battery products, including identifying key requirements and trade-offs
- Conduct design reviews and provide technical guidance to the team throughout the product development lifecycle
- Manage the technical documentation for the battery products throughout the design and development process
- Drive continuous improvements in the design and development process to enhance product performance, reliability, and manufacturability
- Work collaboratively with the commercial team to ensure that products meet customer requirements and are delivered on schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Materials Science, or related engineering field
- At least 7 years of experience in battery design and development
- Demonstrated product launch of exceptional battery systems
- Proven ability to lead a team of engineers in a fast-paced environment
- In-depth knowledge of battery design and development, with an expected focus on lithium metal anode technology
- Knowledge of battery testing standards and methods
- Demonstrated experience with CAD and simulation software
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with experience working across functions and with external partners
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
The target US compensation range for this full-time position is $194,000-$242,000 + equity + benefits. Compensation ranges are determined by level, role and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the target for new hire total cash compensation (base + bonus), individual pay is determined by additional factors including relevant job-related skills, experience and additional factors. Your recruiter will be happy to share more about about the salary range during your hiring process"
- Generous stock options
- Group health benefits that provide strong support for employee well-being and preventative care, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and flexible savings account plans
- A retirement program that helps build future financial security through both traditional and Roth 401(k) options with employer matching
- Generous paid time off plans to renew and refresh through vacation, personal leave, holidays, and parental leave