Senior Account Manager - Automotive
The Senior Account Manager - Automotive will play a critical role in creating, maintaining and expanding relationships with our clients to accelerate decarbonization in the automotive sector and executing on special projects. The role will collaborate with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and subject matter experts to drive sales initiatives and achieve sales targets.
Ideal candidates have a strong background in sales for the automotive and/or battery sectors, an established automotive network, excellent communication skills, and a good understanding of the automotive industry and/or the battery industry. Candidates should be comfortable in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic startup environment. This role will report to the Head of Business Development and will be located on site at our headquarters in San Leandro, California.
Join us in building the future of energy.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with automotive customers, identifying needs and providing solutions by managing end-to-end customer engagement, from prospecting to contract negotiation and closing, and by conducting regular business reviews with customers to assess and identify opportunities for growth.
- Develop and execute sales strategies to meet and exceed revenue target.
- Support the business development department by providing the voice of the customer.
- Generate meaningful customer reports to support business development reporting
- Monitor and analyze customer metrics to provide insights and recommendations for customer strategy.
- 7+ years of experience in account management or sales in the automotive and/or battery sector
- Proven track record of achieving or exceeding automotive sales targets.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, engineering, or a related field. A Master's degree is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with strong communication and presentation skills with a proven ability to build relationships with customers.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Familiarity with enterprise systems and software applications related to business development and sales.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work independently, and manage multiple customers and projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages to help you and your family build a healthy and secure future.
- Generous stock options
- Group health benefits that provide strong support for employee well-being and preventative care, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and flexible savings account plans
- A retirement program that helps build future financial security through both traditional and Roth 401(k) options with employer matching
- Generous paid time off plans to renew and refresh through vacation, personal leave, holidays, and parental leave
The target US compensation range for this full-time position is $127,000 - $192,000 + equity + benefits. Compensation ranges are determined by level, role and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the target for new hire total cash compensation (base + bonus), individual pay is determined by additional factors including relevant job-related skills, experience and additional factors. Your recruiter will be happy to share more about about the salary range during your hiring process"