Supplier Quality Engineer
Cuberg is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) to join our team. The Supplier Quality Engineer will ensure the lithium metal cell components procured from external suppliers meets the highest standards of quality, safety, and compliance.
Ideal candidates are detail-oriented, proactive problem-solvers with a strong technical and business background. The SQE must be comfortable in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and dynamic startup environment, with the ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders, as well as independently.
Join us in building the future of energy.
Cuberg builds high-performance energy solutions based on next-generation technology for the world’s most demanding battery applications. Cuberg technology, paired with the manufacturing excellence of parent company Northvolt, will help give rise to a new generation of mobility businesses and decarbonize hard-to-abate segments of the transportation industry.
Cuberg technology uses a lithium metal anode and proprietary liquid electrolyte to simultaneously solve the interlocking challenges of battery performance and manufacturability. While incumbent battery technologies, such as lithium-ion, can be too heavy and low-performing for use in aircraft, Cuberg’s battery cells are lightweight and high-performance. The technology is also compatible with industry standard manufacturing methods, enabling scalability, reliability and traceability across the value chain.
Cuberg and Northvolt believe that complete electrification will require a revolutionary spirit and a practical mind. We won’t just design the world’s best batteries—we will ship them at scale.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (R&D, Engineering, Process & Equipment) to establish technical specifications and test methods for lithium metal cell components.
- Lead technical specification reviews with suppliers and provide feedback to enhance design for quality, cost, and manufacturability.
- Facilitate communication and clarification of technical specifications between Suppliers, Purchasing, R&D, and process & engineering teams.
- Support the development of Incoming Quality Control, inspection, and testing plan to confirm compliance with raw material and component technical specifications.
- Conduct thorough reviews of First Article Inspections (FAIs) and Certificates of Analysis (COAs) provided by suppliers to ensure compliance with technical specifications.
- Collaborate with suppliers to develop control plans that detail critical quality characteristics, inspection points, measurement methods, sampling plans, and acceptance criteria.
- Conduct risk assessments related to supplier processes and materials. Identify potential quality risks and establish controls within the control plan to mitigate these risks.
- Conduct onsite and/or remote audits of supplier quality management systems, processes, documentation and evaluate compliance with the Cuberg’s quality and technical requirements.
- Investigate and analyze supplier quality issues and non-conformities, working closely with suppliers to identify root causes and implement effective corrective actions (SCAR). Evaluate the effectiveness of corrective actions and preventive measures.
- Continuously monitor supplier performance, including key performance indicators (KPIs) related to quality, delivery, and cost. Identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Work closely with suppliers to identify strategic areas for improvement, establish timeline and implement corrective actions that contribute to the success of Cuberg supply chain.
- BSc or MSc degree in Manufacturing/Engineering/Physics/Chemistry
- 5+ years of relevant work experience within high volume production
- Experience of supplier quality management in relevant industry, e.g. Li-ion raw materials, Automotive, Semiconductor, Pharmaceutical, Food industries
- Experience in developing processes, standards, documentation to support efficient Supplier Quality Management, and specific knowledge of quality management systems, e.g. AS9100, IATF16949, ISO 9001, TQM
- Experience from auditing suppliers, non-conformity management and 8D
- Project management skills and a successful track record of leading quality improvements in manufacturing and with suppliers
- Good knowledge of Lean and six sigma, SPC, FMEA, process capability, Quality troubleshooting tools and problem-solving methodology
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
The target US compensation range for this full-time position is $104,925-$157,833 + equity + benefits. Compensation ranges are determined by level, role and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the target for new hire total cash compensation (base + bonus), individual pay is determined by additional factors including relevant job-related skills, experience and additional factors. Your recruiter will be happy to share more about about the salary range during your hiring process