Director of Quality
Cuberg builds high-performance energy solutions based on next-generation technology for the world’s most demanding battery applications. Cuberg technology, paired with the manufacturing excellence of parent company Northvolt, will help give rise to a new generation of mobility businesses and decarbonize hard-to-abate segments of the transportation industry.
Cuberg technology uses a lithium metal anode and proprietary liquid electrolyte to simultaneously solve the interlocking challenges of battery performance and manufacturability. While incumbent battery technologies, such as lithium-ion, can be too heavy and low-performing for use in aircraft, Cuberg’s battery cells are lightweight and high-performance. The technology is also compatible with industry standard manufacturing methods, enabling scalability, reliability and traceability across the value chain.
Cuberg and Northvolt believe that complete electrification will require a revolutionary spirit and a practical mind. We won’t just design the world’s best batteries—we will ship them at scale.
The Director of Quality will be responsible for ensuring that Cuberg's products meet or exceed industry quality standards while also managing and improving the company's quality processes. The Director will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including engineering, operations, and customer groups to ensure that all quality initiatives are aligned with Cuberg's overall business objectives. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong background in quality to contribute to building revolutionary new technology and decarbonizing hard-to-abate segments of the transportation industry.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Quality Management Systems (QMS) for Cuberg's manufacturing operations with a focus on aerospace and aviation.
- Provide leadership and direction to Incoming Inspection, In-process Inspection, Manufacturing Quality Engineering, Customer Quality Assurance, Receiving Inspection, and Calibration Teams.
- Analyze and interpret quality data to identify trends and develop proactive strategies to mitigate issues
- Manage quality control inspection and testing activities, including establishing sampling plans and procedures
- Ensure that all quality-related documentation is complete and accurate, including specifications, drawings, and procedures
- Develop and implement training programs to improve the quality culture of the organization
- Lead the integration of the QMS into all operational systems (ERP/MES/PLM)
- Establish and maintain the quality assurance system in accordance with AS 9100, and customer requirements.
- Manage internal quality system audit processes. Manage the hosting of external quality system audits by third party, customers, and government agencies.
- Direct and promote the use of diagnostic and predictive quality and continuous improvement tools and techniques including (SPC, statistical analysis, Lean, six-sigma)
- Establishes strong corrective/preventive action systems to continually improve operational performance and performance in meeting customer requirements (Scrap, Rework, Cost of Poor Quality, Quality Escapes, Returns)
- Act as main point of escalation and problem resolution for customers as needed to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Build quality department organizational capability by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training and developing employees.
- Maintain quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Bachelor's degree (MS preferred) in engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years of Quality experience in the Battery Manufacturing industry.
- Experience in a highly regulated environment, preferably in defense or aerospace industry
- Deep knowledge of quality systems, tools, and methodologies
- Practical knowledge and leadership experience in Lean and/or six-sigma including lean management system experience (ie. Toyota Production System)
- Experience managing teams and professional employees
- Thorough understanding of quality management systems (e.g., AS9100, ISO9001)
- Knowledge of statistical techniques for quality analysis and improvement
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages to help you and your family build a healthy and secure future.
- Generous stock options
- Group health benefits that provide strong support for employee well-being and preventative care, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and flexible savings account plans
- A retirement program that helps build future financial security through both traditional and Roth 401(k) options with employer matching
- Generous paid time off plans to renew and refresh through vacation, personal leave, holidays, and parental leave
The target US compensation range for this full-time position is $157,000-$215,000 + equity + benefits. Compensation ranges are determined by level, role and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the target for new hire total cash compensation (base + bonus), individual pay is determined by additional factors including relevant job-related skills, experience and additional factors. Your recruiter will be happy to share more about about the salary range during your hiring process"