The Purchasing Specialist will drive the sourcing and procurement of materials, equipment and services to ensure operational requirements are met, considering price, quality and sustainability targets. Together with the Supply Chain team and cross functional colleagues (Internal Logistics, Planning, Finance, Quality, Process), they will coordinate orders & shipments, and manage the operational relationship with Cuberg suppliers.
Ideal candidates are detail-oriented, proactive problem-solvers with experience sourcing and procuring Equipment and Materials from global suppliers. They understand the operational side of keeping a plant running including shipping, transport, and warehousing. The Purchasing Specialist must be comfortable in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and dynamic startup environment, with the ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders, as well as independently.
Join us in building the future of energy.
Cuberg is commercializing next-generation battery technology to power the future of electric mobility. The company was acquired in 2021 by Northvolt, a global supplier of sustainable, high-quality battery cells and systems. As Northvolt's Advanced Technology Center operating in Silicon Valley, Cuberg is developing and commercializing lithium metal batteries, building an innovation ecosystem around lithium-ion technology, and leveraging Northvolt's state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities to rapidly scale up production of advanced batteries.
- Execute on the sourcing strategy, manage contracts and negotiations while creating cost saving opportunities
- Align with production, planning and warehousing to coordinate the forecast and ensure timely delivery.
- Manage supplier relationship and suppliers risks, developing new sources to reduce costs and improve quality and reliability
- Handle commercial discussions and non-conformities when it comes to delivery requirements and quality, in partnership with the Supplier Quality Team
- Monitor and track supplier performance and maintain the master data in the ERP system
- Acquires and maintains technical understanding of product and services, and investigate alternate component technologies or supplies as needed
- Work closely with Engineering to maintain detailed and accurate bill of materials
- Work with internal stakeholders to find innovative solutions to optimize the materials flows
- Ensure that all procurement activities adhere to company policies, industry regulations, and ethical standards
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Logistics, or Business Administration
- 3+ years of Purchasing/Procurement experience in a hardware/manufacturing setting
- Proven track record of managing material flows in an international environment
- Proven track record of leading cost reduction initiatives and making business improvements
- Strong project management and/or contract management fundamentals
- Experience with multicultural business relationship
- Knowledge of ERP systems
The target US compensation range for this full-time position is $104,925-$126,375 + equity + benefits. Compensation ranges are determined by level, role and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the target for new hire total cash compensation (base + bonus), individual pay is determined by additional factors including relevant job-related skills, experience and additional factors. Your recruiter will be happy to share more about about the salary range during your hiring process.