Production Technician - Weekend Shift
The Production Technician will be responsible for daily operations on the production floor, including machine operation, cell assembly, movement of raw materials and finished product, testing, inspection, and data entry. This role will specifically support our dry cell manufacturing line on a 3 day production schedule that will run Friday - Sunday.
Ideal candidates are detail and process oriented, have prior hands-on technical experience, take pride in the quality of their work, and work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Join us in building the future of energy!
Cuberg is commercializing next-generation battery technology to power the future of electric mobility. The company was acquired in 2021 by Northvolt, a global supplier of sustainable, high-quality battery cells and systems. As Northvolt's Advanced Technology Center operating in Silicon Valley, Cuberg is developing and commercializing lithium metal batteries, building an innovation ecosystem around lithium-ion technology, and leveraging Northvolt's state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities to rapidly scale up production of advanced batteries.
- Operate semi-automated equipment in the cell assembly process
- Complete data entry to document cell assembly operations
- Track manufacturing process to ensure sub-assemblies are available for production
- Visually inspect and test finished product for quality defects
- Accurately report quality issues to team members and management
- Consistently follow standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Interface and work with engineering team on cell development work using manufacturing line
- Maintain general housekeeping in all areas of production (5S)
- No degree required, AS degree in a technical or manufacturing field preferred
- 1-3 years' experience working in a production environment and previous machine operation experience
- Availability to work Friday - Sunday
- Strong safety-first attitude
- Above-average fine manual dexterity and visual acuity for cell fabrication
- Strong attention to detail, documentation, and standard operating procedures
- Comfortable and able to work in a clean dry room environment (ISO Class 7)
- Capable of working in a controlled environment glove box, following all safety and cleanliness requirements
- Capable of understanding and working to a production schedule
- Able to stand or sit for long periods of time and perform hand intensive repetitive assembly of products
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with cross-functional teams
- Group health benefits that provide strong support for employee well-being and preventative care, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and flexible savings account plans
- A retirement program that helps build future financial security through both traditional and Roth 401(k) options with employer matching
- Generous paid time off plans to renew and refresh through vacation, personal leave, holidays, and parental leave
The San Fransisco / Bay Area salary range for this full-time position is $18/hr - $55/hr + equity + benefits.
- Base pay is determined by level + years' of relevant experience