Senior Technical Sales Engineer
The Technical Sales Engineer will interface directly with customers to deliver technical sales presentations, provide testing support, analyze customer data, and gather feedback for production and engineering teams at Cuberg. In this role, the Technical Sales Engineer will build strong customer relationships, working closely with some of the most exciting companies in globally building electric mobility solutions, and ensuring customer satisfaction throughout the sales cycle.
Ideal candidates have existing battery systems experience in aviation or automotive and excellent communication skills, are organized and detail-oriented, and thrive in a customer facing role. They must be able to quickly assimilate new technical concepts and have the ability to adapt with changing needs. Critically, they should excel in a fast-paced, collaborative, dynamic startup environment.
Join us in building the future of energy.
Cuberg is commercializing next-generation battery technology to power the future of electric mobility. The company was acquired in 2021 by Northvolt, a global supplier of sustainable, high-quality battery cells and systems. As Northvolt's Advanced Technology Center operating in Silicon Valley, Cuberg is developing and commercializing lithium metal batteries, building an innovation ecosystem around lithium-ion technology, and leveraging Northvolt's state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities to rapidly scale up production of advanced batteries.
- Maintain expert level knowledge of Cuberg’s battery systems and cell technology
- Perform technical sales presentations to prospective customers
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers throughout the sales cycle
- Analyze customer test data and provide engineering support
- Maintain accurate records of customer technical and engineering correspondence
- Resolve technical customer issues in a timely, professional manner
- Translate customer technical feedback to production and engineering teams
- Travel to customer sites and trade-shows/conferences, domestically and internationally
- BS in science or engineering field (e.g. materials science, mechanical engineering, or chemical engineering)
- 5+ years of experience in batteries with working knowledge of battery fundamentals, systems, configuration and operation
- Office presence required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate concepts to both technical and non-technical team members
- Experience using CRM software
- Proficient in Excel for data analysis (Python or MATLAB is a plus)
- Solid understanding of basic electrical and mechanical systems
- Strong attention to detail, documentation, and standard operating procedures
- Has a do-whatever-it-takes attitude, thrives in a fast-paced status environment, and is capable of delivering project deliverables on time
The target US compensation range for this full-time position is $127,500 - $192,375 + equity + benefits. Compensation ranges are determined by level, role and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the target for new hire total cash compensation (base + bonus), individual pay is determined by additional factors including relevant job-related skills, experience and additional factors. Your recruiter will be happy to share more about about the salary range during your hiring process