The Inventory Specialist will be responsible for the receiving, stocking, order fulfillment and general warehouse tasks. The role will ensure item, location, documentation and data integrity is followed through inventory and warehouse process. Attention to detail and accuracy will ensure all transactions meet the standards and proper storage.
Ideal candidates are organized, detail-oriented, and proactive problem-solvers with a drive to perform continuously improve best practices to support production and a safe work environment. The Inventory Specialist must be comfortable in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and dynamic startup environment, with the ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders, as well as independently.
Cuberg is commercializing next-generation battery technology to power the future of electric mobility. The company was acquired in 2021 by Northvolt, a global supplier of sustainable, high-quality battery cells and systems. As Northvolt’s Advanced Technology Center operating in Silicon Valley, Cuberg is developing and commercializing lithium metal batteries, building an innovation ecosystem around lithium-ion technology, and leveraging Northvolt’s state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities to rapidly scale up production of advanced batteries.
- Perform the physical and administrative tasks involved in receiving, sorting, inspecting and distributing incoming shipments with materials and supplies in an accurate and timely manner.
- Unpack and check goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintain records of goods and shipments and reject unsatisfactory items.
- Record all related discrepancies on shipment documentation and notify the corresponding departments or managers.
- Maintain high level of inventory/data accuracy in the record keeping systems and initiate requests for materials and supplies.
- Properly scan, label and inventory incoming goods received per Quality and EHS protocols.
- Unload, stack, move, and place products in appropriately designated areas using forklifts, pallet jacks, hand carts, etcetera. Move and transfer products between various sections of warehouse or production as needed.
- Responsible for organization and storage of all incoming products, applying FIFO (first in, first out) inventory controls for shelf-life materials.
- Check the receiving dates of pallet tags on stored inventory and report any excess inventory and products reaching expiration of shelf life.
- Ensure proper rotation practices are followed and report any mis-rotated items to management.
- Prepare and process fulfillment orders for production and operations.
- Manage inventory levels of all materials and supplies utilizing inventory management software.
- Coordinate outside vendor and/or contractor support where needed.
- Perform weekly/monthly cycle counts and reconcile discrepancies for warehouse and production areas.
- Manage and maintain inventory warehouse area(s) for organization and cleanliness.
- Ensure to follow all safety protocols for warehouse and production areas.
- Able to lift 25 lbs. regularly and handles tasks involving frequent bending, twisting, lifting and squatting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sourcing & Logistics, Inventory Management, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Manufacturing.
- 3-5 years of receiving, inventory, warehouse, shipping and forklift experience in relevant industry, i.e... shipping & receiving, inventory, warehouse, or logistics.
- Advanced experience with ERP systems. Proficient in Microsoft & Google software.
- Strong inventory, warehouse, problem-solving skills and time management skills.
The target US hourly compensation range for this full-time position is $26.00 - $30.00 + equity + benefits + bonus depending on experience level and education. Compensation ranges are determined by level, role and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the target for new hire total cash compensation (base + bonus), individual pay is determined by additional factors including relevant job-related skills, experience and additional factors. Your recruiter will be happy to share more about about the salary range during your hiring process.