The Senior Process Engineer will have a large impact in developing Cuberg’s next generation cell by working in many cross functional roles. Responsibilities include pilot manufacturing process management, material evaluation and characterization for manufacturability, and equipment improvement/modification, while ensuring a safe and cost-effective work environment.
Ideal candidates are detail-oriented, have prior pilot production engineering experience, take pride in the quality of their work, and work well in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic startup environment.
Cuberg builds high-performance energy solutions based on next-generation technology for the world’s most demanding battery applications. Cuberg technology, paired with the manufacturing excellence of parent company Northvolt, will help give rise to a new generation of mobility businesses and decarbonize hard-to-abate segments of the transportation industry.
Cuberg technology uses a lithium metal anode and proprietary liquid electrolyte to simultaneously solve the interlocking challenges of battery performance and manufacturability. While incumbent battery technologies, such as lithium-ion, can be too heavy and low-performing for use in aircraft, Cuberg’s battery cells are lightweight and high-performance. The technology is also compatible with industry standard manufacturing methods, enabling scalability, reliability and traceability across the value chain.
Cuberg and Northvolt believe that complete electrification will require a revolutionary spirit and a practical mind. We won’t just design the world’s best batteries—we will ship them at scale.
- Provide day-to-day hands-on process and equipment support to manufacture prototype products and transition new products and processes into manufacturing
- Act as the cell assembly subject matter expert in material/cell R&D projects by understanding material parameters that interact with automated cell assembly processes and providing engineered solutions for prototyping
- Apply formal problem-solving techniques to determine root cause and implement corrective and preventive action (CAPA) plans
- Plan and execute hands-on technical work using statistical techniques including Design of Experiments (DoE) and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Identify and address opportunities to continuously improve our products and processes; and assess for regulatory, quality, ergonomic, safety, environmental, and cost impact
- Collect and manipulate data from material/sub-assembly suppliers and internal processes to determine significant correlations and trends affecting product quality and performance
- Write procedures and provide training and coaching to other manufacturing associates
- Evaluate new process machinery from external vendors and bring in-house through qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with 4-6 years of hands-on engineering experience in a manufacturing environment post-graduation
- Proven history of documenting and communicating work effectively
- Knowledgeable in Measurement System Analysis
- Knowledgeable in tolerance stackup analysis and GD&T
- Demonstrate ability to:
- Apply engineering fundamentals and statistical tools to development, optimization, and troubleshooting activities;
- Prioritize, plan, and drive multiple projects concurrently from development to completion against agreed upon timelines and deliverables;
- Work independently and collaborate effectively as part of a team, including influencing across functions;
- Identify critical issues and failure modes, creating a framework of action to address these issues and assess root cause including effective risk-based decision making;
- Leverage critical thinking to navigate technical and project uncertainties
The target US compensation range for this full-time position is $127,500-$157,833 + equity + benefits. Compensation ranges are determined by level, role and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the target for new hire total cash compensation (base + bonus), individual pay is determined by additional factors including relevant job-related skills, experience and additional factors. Your recruiter will be happy to share more about about the salary range during your hiring process.