Project Manager - Battery Systems
Cuberg, a leading company in the renewable energy industry, is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Project Manager - Battery Systems to join their team. Cuberg is known for their high-performance energy solutions that are based on next-generation technology, providing a revolutionary and practical approach to battery applications. As a subsidiary of Northvolt, they are committed to decarbonizing hard-to-abate segments of the transportation industry and enabling the rise of a new generation of mobility businesses.
Cuberg's cutting-edge technology utilizes a lithium metal anode and proprietary liquid electrolyte to address the challenges of battery performance and manufacturability. Unlike traditional lithium-ion batteries which are often heavy and low-performing for aircraft use, Cuberg's battery cells are lightweight and deliver exceptional performance. Additionally, their technology is compatible with industry-standard manufacturing methods, ensuring scalability, reliability, and traceability throughout the value chain.
As a Project Manager - Battery Systems at Cuberg, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the successful execution of battery projects. Your exceptional project management skills, coupled with your expertise in battery systems, will be critical in driving forward Cuberg's mission to design and ship the world's best batteries at scale. This position will focus on the leading and managing battery systems process/manufacturing, testing, and production efforts. This position will play a critical role to ensure we meet our development and customer delivery timelines.
- Lead and manage battery systems equipment, process, manufacturing, and logistics projects from initiation to completion, ensuring alignment with project objectives, timelines, and budgets.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain, to drive project success.
- Develop and execute project plans, utilizing effective project management methodologies and tools.
- Define project scope, deliverables, and milestones, and track progress against established targets.
- Identify and proactively address project risks and issues, ensuring proper mitigation strategies are in place.
- Coordinate and communicate project updates to stakeholders, providing insight into project status, risks, and opportunities.
- Foster a collaborative and high-performing team environment, promoting open communication and knowledge sharing among team members.
- Own and manage the battery systems build plan and prioritization
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Energy Systems, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in project management
- Strong understanding of battery technologies is helpful, but not required
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing and delivering complex projects on time and within budget.
- Proficiency in project management methodologies and tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple tasks.
The target US compensation range for this full-time position is $104,000-$157,000 + equity + benefits. Compensation ranges are determined by level, role and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the target for new hire total cash compensation (base + bonus), individual pay is determined by additional factors including relevant job-related skills, experience and additional factors. Your recruiter will be happy to share more about about the salary range during your hiring process