Process and Equipment Engineer
The Process Engineer will have a large impact in developing Cuberg’s next generation cell by being one of the key technical production support engineers. Primary responsibilities include providing technical support to the cell production team with a focus on improving OEE. They will be on call and attend production shift huddles to provide timely technical support and resolve any urgent issues. They will collaborate with manufacturing engineers to improve cell assembly yield, maintenance technicians to resolve equipment downtime incidents, and production technicians to increase throughput. The work includes training production and maintenance technicians, troubleshooting high speed automated equipment faults, making equipment/workstation modifications, optimizing material flows.
Ideal candidates are detail-oriented, have prior pilot production engineering experience, take pride in the quality of their work, and comfortable in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic startup environment.
Join us in building the future of energy.
Cuberg builds high-performance energy solutions based on next-generation technology for the world’s most demanding battery applications. Cuberg technology, paired with the manufacturing excellence of parent company Northvolt, will help give rise to a new generation of mobility businesses and decarbonize hard-to-abate segments of the transportation industry.
Cuberg technology uses a lithium metal anode and proprietary liquid electrolyte to simultaneously solve the interlocking challenges of battery performance and manufacturability. While incumbent battery technologies, such as lithium-ion, can be too heavy and low-performing for use in aircraft, Cuberg’s battery cells are lightweight and high-performance. The technology is also compatible with industry standard manufacturing methods, enabling scalability, reliability and traceability across the value chain.
Cuberg and Northvolt believe that complete electrification will require a revolutionary spirit and a practical mind. We won’t just design the world’s best batteries—we will ship them at scale.
- Provide day-to-day hands-on process and equipment support to the cell production and equipment maintenance teams
- Become an expert at operating the automated cell assembly equipment by understanding how equipment set point parameters affect control loops and actuator movements
- Write and improve procedures (SOP/MPI, PM, OCAP) and provide training and coaching to other production and skilled trades team members
- Apply formal problem-solving techniques to determine root cause and implement corrective and preventative action (CAPA) plans
- Evaluate new equipment (cell assembly, material handling, QC test) from external vendors and bring in-house through formal qualifications
- Initiate equipment modifications and implement through change control procedures
- Collect and manipulate data to find significant correlations affecting product quality and equipment uptime
- Identify and address opportunities to continuously improve our products and processes; and assess for regulatory, quality, ergonomic, safety, environmental, and cost impact
- Associate’s Degree with 2-4 years of hands-on engineering experience in a manufacturing environment post-graduation
- Proven history of documenting and communicating work effectively
- Experience working within a formal manufacturing quality system with change controls
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Apply engineering fundamentals and statistical tools to development, optimization, and troubleshooting activities;
- Work independently to complete tasks without close supervision
- Identify critical issues and failure modes
Preferred, but not required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with 1-2 years of hands-on engineering experience in a manufacturing environment post-graduation
- Experience doing detailed design and hands-on fabrication of simple equipment components
The target US compensation range for this full-time position is $91,000-$126,000 + equity + benefits. Compensation ranges are determined by level, role and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the target for new hire total cash compensation (base + bonus), individual pay is determined by additional factors including relevant job-related skills, experience and additional factors. Your recruiter will be happy to share more about about the salary range during your hiring process.