Staff Battery Systems Engineer
The Staff Battery Systems Engineer will develop requirements, verifications, and certification elements for Cuberg battery systems. Ideal candidates are experienced battery systems engineers comfortable in a fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic startup environment.
Join us in building the future of energy.
Cuberg is commercializing next-generation battery technology to power the future of electric mobility. The company was acquired in 2021 by Northvolt, a global supplier of sustainable, high-quality battery cells and systems. As Northvolt's Advanced Technology Center operating in Silicon Valley, Cuberg is developing and commercializing lithium metal batteries, building an innovation ecosystem around lithium-ion technology, and leveraging Northvolt's state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities to rapidly scale up production of advanced batteries.
- Collaborate with engineering, product management, and other stakeholders to develop, manage, and track requirements and verification methods for battery modules and systems.
- Utilize DO-311A and TSO-179b to guide battery system TSO and Minimum Operational Performance Standards
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 5+ years of battery systems engineering experience
- Experience with aerospace systems engineering processes including ARP4754
- Experience with DO-160.
- Desired experience or exposure to DO-311A, DO-178, DO-254
- Implementation of FMEA and FTA
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages to help you and your family build a healthy and secure future.
- Generous stock options
- Group health benefits that provide strong support for employee well-being and preventative care, including comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and flexible savings account plans
- A retirement program that helps build future financial security through both traditional and Roth 401(k) options with employer matching
- Generous paid time off plans to renew and refresh through vacation, personal leave, holidays, and parental leave