Decarbonizing the energy sector is an urgent challenge and geothermal energy is poised to play a central role. We are expanding our team to help make this vision a reality. Fervo Energy has developed technology to make geothermal power scalable and cost-effective. Join us and work alongside world-class engineers, researchers, investors, and developers in making geothermal a key pillar of our climate-friendly energy future.
The GIS Analyst will develop, administer, and help manage the Land department’s standard operating procedures, lease records, environmental studies and permitting project timelines, and Fervo’s geographic information systems (GIS). This position will assist in lease acquisitions through lease record organization and maintenance, leasing and development planning projects task management, permitting task management, land department data reporting and report writing, multi-departmental GIS administration, as well as updating and making maps for various projects and reports. This position requires a thorough knowledge of the management of GIS data for a large team, and management, tracking, and reporting of land records, as well as general team task management. The successful candidate will have a solid background in location-based data, be comfortable deciphering basic terms of a land lease, and will possess a high level of initiative to develop task procedures, track task progress, prompt personnel with effective methods, and update timelines and reports on a regular basis. The GIS Analyst will report to the GIS Manager.
- Track and update the Land department task assignments and completion, across acquisitions, and environmental / permitting.
- Update Fervo’s GIS data structure and inter-department data sharing policies
- Assist with developing Fervo’s inter-department GIS data standards with input from all departments
- Maintain land assets tracking visual and written reports
- Compile GIS data, making maps, assisting with land acquisition data gathering, analysis, and reporting.
- Provide recommendations and help develop a path forward for land-based data sharing across Fervo departments.
- Keep lease/land related GIS data up to date as we acquire new leases
- Collect data necessary related to geothermal energy for map making
- Assignments including documentary research, imagery geo-referencing, data management, datum conversion, imagery acquisition, historical document interpretation, secondary source readings, geographically bounded studies, etc.
- 2+ years of experience and demonstrated track record of managing GIS and land databases
- Experience using ESRI GIS suite of software
- Experience with ArcGIS Online, Experience Builder, Field Maps, ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap
- Knowledge of and ability to immediately work with legal descriptions, land descriptions, lease contract terms, and data tracking and reporting
- Knowledge of the PLSS system
- Passions for GIS, land, renewable energy, environmental sustainability
- Strong organizational skills with keen ability to multi task and operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter attitude, willingness to plan with little oversight
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Natural Resource Management, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Land Administration, Energy Commerce/Business, Environmental Studies or Sustainability, or similar field in energy, land, or resource management or assessment related subject matter
- Preferred: Knowledge of environmental and ecological terms and regulations
- Preferred: Experience working in the energy sector
- Preferred: Experience with Arc3D, CAD, Enterprise GIS Data Management, and ESRI Online mapping
- Preferred: Experience with federal, county and state land records and information portals