Decarbonizing the energy sector is an urgent challenge and geothermal energy is poised to play a central role. We are expanding our team to help make this vision a reality. Fervo Energy has developed technology to make geothermal power scalable and cost-effective. Join us and work alongside world-class engineers, researchers, investors, and developers in making geothermal a key pillar of our climate-friendly energy future.
The Paralegal will support the Fervo legal team and be responsible for conducting legal research, organizing corporate records and files, assist in entity formation and dissolution, corporate governance, and drafting documents. This role will play a key part on the legal team, and ideal candidates will have a keen attention to detail, a customer-service focused disposition, exceptional organization capabilities, and a passion for supporting the company’s legal objectives. The Paralegal will report to the Corporate Counsel.
- File Management: Organize and maintain electronic and paper files for corporate records, contracts, and legal documents with meticulous attention to detail. Implement and manage an efficient filing system to ensure easy retrieval of information.
- Entity Formation & Governance: Assist in the formation and dissolution of corporate entities, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and internal policies. Ensure that annual reports and other relevant filings are submitted on time to maintain entities in good standing. Work closely with Fervo counsel to draft and prepare materials for board and committee meetings.
- Legal Research: Conduct legal research to support attorneys in various corporate matters; stay informed about changes in laws and regulations affecting corporate entities.
- Document Drafting/Editing: Utilize advanced formatting skills to ensure consistency and professionalism in legal documents; proofread for contextual, grammatical, and spelling errors. Prepare and format signature pages for legal agreements and contracts. Transform complex legal concepts into clear and concise visuals for internal and external stakeholders.
- Confidentiality: Draft standard NDAs and track their execution and expirations. Demonstrate a strong commitment to maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive information with the utmost discretion. Aid in implementing and enforcing protocols to safeguard confidential legal and corporate information.
- Communication and Collaboration: Communicate effectively with internal teams, clients, and third parties. Collaborate with Fervo counsel and staff to ensure seamless workflow and project execution.
- Associate’s degree or Paralegal certificate from an accredited program
- 1-3 years of experience as a Corporate Paralegal
- Experience in entity formation and dissolutions processes
- Proficient in organizing and managing corporate documents and files
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to organize, prioritize, plan and multi-task work activities
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment