Staff Firmware Engineer
We are looking for a Staff Firmware Engineer to join our team who is an enthusiastic developer, likes to solve meaningful problems, and can support overall software, backend, controls, & electronics strategy. The ideal candidate is very adaptable and technically minded while having an uncompromising focus and vision for our customer’s needs.
An estimated starting salary for this role is $190,000.
- Lead and own the design of our firmware architecture.
- Lead and participate cross-functionally with the business and product teams to define the requirements for our product roadmap.
- Contribute and collaborate to design and develop all our embedded software systems.
- Implement energy efficient heating/cooling system control algorithms.
- Develop User Interfaces that provide a premium user experience across the device and the mobile application.
- Investigate and implement wireless communication protocols including MQTT, BACnet and Matter.
- Build systems and processes for continuous deployment, testing, and manufacturing test improvements.
- Mentor other developers on the team, and create guidelines for best practices to follow.
- Expert in Embedded C.
- Firmware development experience in production environments.
- Computer Engineering/Computer Science degree or equivalent with 7+ years of experience.
- Proficiency designing RTOS based and bare metal applications..
- Expert in communication protocols such as UART, SPI, and I2C.
- Excellent debugging skills and familiarity with common debugging tools such as JTAG.
- Proven track record of shipping high-quality electronics and software in consumer products on a tight schedule.
- Proficiency reading and interpreting schematics.
- Proficient in Python and other automation languages.
- Experience with AWS IoT Core and related services.
- Experience shipping 1 or more IoT consumer products.
- Experience working with wireless communication SoCs, especially for WiFi and BLE.
- Experience with Altium or similar ECAD software
- Medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO within reason
- Relocation package ( out of state applicants only )
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Gradient is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.