3D Printing Chemical Operations Lead
Other Engineering, Operations
Berkeley, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2022
polySpectra is an advanced materials company with the mission to transform 3D printers from a prototyping aid into a viable manufacturing technology. We see a world where every designer, inventor, and engineer can quickly and affordably make their ideas real with digital manufacturing. polySpectra has developed best-in-class polymers that enable rapid additive manufacturing of production parts across many verticals - including medical, aerospace, automotive, and consumer products.
polySpectra is seeking a chemical operations lead to assume primary responsibility for overseeing the manufacture of its COR Alpha resins, a new class of 3D printing photopolymer resin that produces high performance parts with excellent mechanical, thermal and chemical resistance properties. They will work closely with the executives, technical experts, cross-functional leaders and customers to facilitate communication for production and customer interaction for COR Alpha to end users. They will be the champion of products and the face of polySpectra outside the company.
- Lead 3D printing resin manufacture, both in-house and at contract manufacturing sites
- Responsible for all interaction with contract manufacturers
- Responsible for the safe operation of resin production
- Ensure all chemicals, supplies, equipment, staffing, storage and logistics are available in advance of production runs
- Ensure quality of raw materials as per specifications in advance of all production runs
- Responsible for quality control of finished resin
- Responsible for shipping logistics for finished products to customers
- Development of Standard Operating Procedures
- Develop and maintain storage solutions and stock rotation strategies as per resin shelf-life
- Help sales and marketing efforts that support the company's overall strategy and goals
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- BS in Chemistry or other relevant field
- 2-3 years of experience in chemical manufacturing operations
- Skilled in chemical handling and testing
- Detail oriented while also able to get the big picture
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative attitude, teamwork, and great interpersonal skills
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Ability to work in fast paced environment of a Bay Area startup
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 25% of the time
polySpectra is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). It is our policy to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity in our workforce and recognize that inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.