Senior Software Engineer
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Qunnect Inc, a dynamic startup company in the Brooklyn Navy Yard (Brooklyn, NY), is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. We are a venture-backed startup innovating first-in-class hardware to transform the existing telecommunications infrastructure into quantum-secure networks.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Qunnect, you'll play a crucial role in developing software solutions that enable the operation and optimization of quantum networking systems. You'll collaborate closely with our team of physicists and hardware engineers to develop research stage projects into industry-grade quantum networking devices, integrating them into our software control plane. You'll be helping us build and monitor a reliable, metropolitan scale quantum network on our fiber testbed here in New York City and support deploying our networking suite onto infrastructure at customer and partner facilities. We have a wide range of exciting projects and opportunities for talented software engineers with a broad range of skills.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain software for controlling quantum networking devices.
- Collaborate with physicists and engineers on R&D for the entire hardware product suite.
- Develop algorithms and protocols for quantum communication tasks.
- Optimize the performance, security, and reliability of quantum networking systems.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of full stack software engineering experience.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, C/C++, JS/React.
- Experience in building features end to end: iterate on the specs, define the data model, design and implement the backend APIs, build the frontend components.
- An understanding of DevOps best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a collaborative mindset.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively in interdisciplinary teams.
Highly desirable experience includes:
- Strong understanding of networking protocols.
- Experience in cybersecurity concepts and best practices.
- Experience with hardware and MCUs.
- An interest in physics and quantum communication.
At Qunnect, we offer a stimulating and collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, and the opportunity to be at the forefront of networking innovation. Join our team and contribute to shaping the future of the industry.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reviewing your application and potentially having you as a valued Team Member.
Qunnect is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $150,000 - $200,000 per year
- 401(k) with company matching
- Health insurance
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work from Home
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Stock Options