Sonera is building state-of-the-art biomagnetic sensors. We are looking for an outstanding full-stack software engineer to join our software development efforts and collaborate with our engineers and neuroscientists to create the first commercially viable brain-computer interface. This role will be highly dynamic and broad-ranging, with your efforts having major impacts across multiple teams. The work includes, but is not limited to, implementation of custom internal test equipment, optimizing the sensor data acquisition stack communicating with the firmware, and design of front-end GUIs to demonstrate sensor capabilities. As Sonera sensors come online the focus will change towards building SDK packages and visualization tools as well as incorporating signal processing and machine learning techniques into the data acquisition pipeline.
The ideal candidate will have experience with all levels of software engineering and deployment and will feel confident taking a lead in internal software engineering efforts. This person should be comfortable with creative problem solving in a startup environment, working independently, and taking charge of projects.
Typical base salary is in the $140,000 to $180,000 range alongside generous equity compensation through participation in Sonera's Equity Incentive Plan; actual salary can be more or less than the posted range and will be determined based on the individual’s applicable skills, education, qualifications and experience for the role.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain software for a wide variety of internal uses cases and products, with an eye towards future releases to partners and customers
- Support engineering efforts by developing new data acquisition and processing tools
- Review code developed by other team members and provide feedback
- Take ownership of internal production software, and make strategic recommendations on software architecture
- Build internal testing tools and collaborate with engineering teams to iterate upon features and functionalities for various platforms
- Readily develop innovative, out-of-the-box solutions for unique software challenges faced by cross-functional teams
- Work with the product and engineering teams to ensure product and infrastructure planning remain in sync
- Mentor junior engineers
Core Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years experience with full-stack production software development including working with data structures and processing pipelines
- Strong foundation of software development fundamentals
- Experience with software design and architecture
- Experience with sensors, real-time data acquisition, DevOps and / or Data Engineering a plus
Competitive salary and stock options
401(k) with company match
Health, vision, dental coverage
Flexible time-off policy, paid parental leave
This position will require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment will be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license.
Sonera Magnetics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis or perception of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
It is company policy to perform background checks and review candidate references. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Sonera Magnetics, Inc. participates in the E-Verify Program.