Sensor R&D Test Intern
Sonera is developing novel sensing technology for high-performance, non-invasive brain-computer interfaces, with the goal of connecting minds and machines. We are looking for a dependable and motivated R&D Test Engineering Intern who is hands-on and excited to jump into a variety of roles in a lab as needed. The job will involve a wide variety of activities – from electrical measurement and circuit board rework, to measuring magnetic fields generated by the human body and analyzing the results. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about taking a hands-on approach to learning new skills. The internship can be tailored based on the intern's experience in an undergraduate, Master's, or Ph.D. program.
Internships will be 12 weeks in duration with a flexible start date (Summer 2024).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new instruments for testing novel biomagnetic sensors
- Develop experimental plans and perform proof-of-concept testing for new sensing architectures
- Take magnetic measurements of equipment and people
- Develop new data processing pipelines
- Perform electrical measurements of sensor chips and printed circuit boards using both standard measurement hardware as well as custom-built systems
- Rework, repair, and modify printed circuit boards
- Document and communicate technical progress and uncertainties clearly with the entire team to enable effective collaboration
- Design and build custom parts using on-site 3D printers or outsourced machining services