Fullstack Software Engineer
Sync Computing is an MIT based startup company on a mission to transform the way developers control cloud infrastructure. By applying mathematical modeling and optimization algorithms to complex cloud infrastructure, Sync aims to allow developers to easily achieve business goals at scale without spending endless hours navigating infrastructure knobs. Businesses worldwide will be able to utilize cloud resources with optimal efficiency, saving billions of dollars and endless hours on the cloud. We are targeting applications in the modern data stack, starting with the Apache Spark ecosystem including Databricks and AWS.
Sync Computing is searching for a full-time full stack software engineer located in Portland, OR or Cambridge, MA. Full-time Remote is also available.
As a full stack software engineer, you will be part of a growing interdisciplinary team and will work closely with other world-class engineers to build, test, and deploy cutting-edge distributed software packages on the cloud. We are looking for someone who loves diving into code, working with complex systems, and building solutions.
- Design and implement user facing APIs, user experiences, and the underlying components of Sync’s user facing products.
- Designing software system architecture, within a single system and across multiple services.
- Work in cloud development environments such as AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Work within a wide range of systems and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end.
- Developing and maintaining internal developer tools.
- Work closely with our highly technical users to understand their needs and work across product and engineering to build solutions.
- Collaborate across engineering, product, and leadership to iterate and improve our products.
- Strong understanding of REST APIs.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience across the front and backend.
- Candidates must have excellent written and oral communication skills, a strong desire to learn, be self-directed, and be motivated to work in a fast paced start-up environment.