Project Development Analyst
Somerville, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 9, 2024
Background & Overview
Sublime Systems is a technology company commercializing affordable, ultra low-carbon cement. Sublime's breakthrough process replaces the industry's legacy fossil fuel-fired kilns with an electrochemical system that operates at ambient temperature and eliminates the use of fossil fuel and CO2-bearing minerals, resulting in a low-carbon, low-embodied energy cement. This technology has the potential to drive gigaton-scale reductions in an industry responsible for 8 percent of global emissions. Sublime is backed by mission-aligned investors, including The Engine, Prime Impact Fund, Energy Impact Partners, and Lower carbon Capital. We are building a diverse and collaborative team of folks who share our values of excellence, creativity, and teamwork, and our motivation to create a better world.
As a Project Development Analyst at Sublime Systems, you’ll have the opportunity to change how the world makes cement as a member of our rapidly growing team. Sublime seeks a sharp Project Development Analyst who can be fluid in a fast-paced work environment. In this role reporting directly to the Head of Project Development, you will help identify and progress promising regions and sites to locateSublime’s future plants. You should be a playmaker, with the ability to influence and execute. If you are excited by the prospect of making an impact in a high visibility role, you may have found your next opportunity!
You should have experience with activities like:
- Creating a rigorous decision-making framework and diligently driving work through that framework
- Field and desktop data collection on topics like policies, incentives, taxes, permitting, wages, logistics, and market info
- Conducting interviews with potential partners, suppliers, and buyers
- Locating and visiting sites
- Interfacing with engineering and other internal teams for alignment
- Processing information for decision-making, using tools like: GIS mapping- strongly preference for candidates who know GIS, Excel and other specialized software for data processing and management
- Ensuring data is translated into the overall framework
- Developing opinions and creating compelling materials for leadership
- Demonstrating a keen sense of project development acumen through familiarity with development milestones, transactions and contracts especially real estate-related
This role has no direct reports but is absolutely core to Sublime’s success, and one of few commercially-oriented positions in the company.
- 4+ years of hands- on Project Development experience
- Playmaker: forward-lean, action bias
- Accountable: organized, transparent, rigorous
- Humble/self-aware: low ego, mission-driven, coachable
- Strategic orientation: excellence in vigilant/risk-averse/detail mode as well as growth-focused, upside maximizing mode
- Resourceful: Able to thrive in an unstructured environment where supporting resources may not be readily available and must be identified and set up.
Sublime Systems is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Research suggests that qualified people from historically marginalized groups may self-select out of opportunities if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive, even if they do not match the bullets above, to apply for this role.
Your Right to Work
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.