Pilot Production Manager
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
Join our team of passionate engineers and scientists in helping us scale and uniform our coating process that manufactures the heart of our CO2 electrolyzers–the membrane electrode assembly (MEA). Twelve is developing its first MEA Fabrication pilot line to support our product development and initial customer engagement, and define our manufacturing process.
In this role, you will build, train, and manage a pilot production team to make our unique MEA that converts CO2 to value-added, fossil-free products. We are looking for you to add rigor to our materials operations, helping us identify opportunities to optimize and perfect our MEAs as we scale our production capabilities from pilot scale to manufacturing. You will develop and implement operationally efficient processes that optimize Twelve’s resource utilization. As a leader of the pilot production team, you will work cross-functionally with materials scientists, process development, manufacturing, and engineering teams to accelerate the production of high quality materials on the production line.
This is an on-site role in Alameda, California.
What you will do:
- Lead the materials operations pilot production team for the daily manufacturing of Twelve’s MEAs and collaborate with the development, engineering, characterization, manufacturing, and quality development teams.
- Manage, grow, and train supervisors and technicians across two shifts to execute in a high-volume production environment and provide support on the floor.
- Interface with vendors to troubleshoot software and hardware issues to minimize equipment downtime, work with development teams to identify process optimization opportunities.
- Drive operational efficiency by developing and tracking performance metrics, such as monitoring quality of process, inputs, and outputs to improve product yield, throughput, cost, and manufacturability.
- Manage reliability activities such as root cause analysis investigations (RCAI), failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), and preventative maintenance optimization (PMO), as well as assist in developing and implementing precision and predictive maintenance routines.
- Maintain the documentation of our coating process for our MEA fabrication for a seamless transfer to our manufacturing team. Generate SOPs, WIs, checklists, etc.
Who you are:
- You demonstrate experience in high-throughout production processes that manufacture electrochemical, electronic, or related devices (e.g. medical device, pharmaceutical or biotech) from bench to a pilot in a clean-room environment.
- You have hands-on experience transferring and troubleshooting processes from bench to pilot, including the preparation of tech transfer packages and training operators.
- You have excellent communication skills, detail oriented, and are excited to work as part of a highly collaborative, dynamic, and diverse team.
- You are a mission-driven individual who thrives on identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and taking action to investigate and bring effective solutions to the process.
- You are excited to lead and grow the production team, working with the materials operations lead to establish the infrastructure for the pilot production team.
- You are skilled at implementing effective project management methods to support new process improvements and new project implementation into the pilot line.
- You are an expert at resource planning and inventory management.
- You prioritize safety throughout your workflow.
- You are able to lift up to 50 pounds.
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.