Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
The Vice President of Finance is responsible for overseeing all financial aspects of Twelve’s organization. This role plays a crucial part in developing and implementing financial strategies, policies, and processes to ensure the financial health and stability of the company. This role will be reporting to the CFO and COO to support fundraising and company wide planning.
This is a hybrid role based in Berkeley, CA.
What you will do
- Partner with Twelve’s management team to develop budgets and track actuals for projects and ongoing operations
- Drive transparency and understanding of Twelve’s finances and financial strategies across the management team
- Manage financial reporting, including preparation of financial statements and regulatory compliance
- Oversee financial forecasting, cash flow management, ensuring adequate liquidity for operational needs
- Lead financial planning and analysis, including financial modeling and scenario analysis
- Communicate around Twelve’s finances with the board of directors
- Manage relationships with banks, auditors, and other financial institutions
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and changes in financial regulations
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; MBA or CPA preferred
- Proven experience in a senior financial leadership role
- Strong people management skills (team sizes of 10+)
- Strong knowledge of financial principles, practices, and regulations
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Exceptional communication and leadership abilities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment (start-up experience preferred)
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.