Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
We are currently looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team. This role will report to the Accounting Manager and play an important part in developing processes and procedures for the financial statement close process. This role will have the opportunity to work cross functionally, assist in future system implementations, and be a part of scaling the business.
This is a full-time, hybrid position located in Berkeley, California.
What you will do
- Execute portions of the financial statement close process to create monthly GAAP financial statements.
- Own the end-to-end accounting process for assigned expense accounts including processing invoices, developing accrual and prepaid accounting procedures, partnering with cross-functional business owners to understand drivers, and forecast future spend.
- Prepare and review fluctuation analyses to inform leadership and process improvements.
- Review and analyze invoices, read contracts, and compare / reconcile data to POs, and budgets to determine the appropriate accounting treatments.
- Assist in the implementation of Oracle Cloud ERP as a new accounting system.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Support the annual audit, tax filings, and other financial compliance obligations.
Who you are
- You have a bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- You are driven to learn and understand the “why” behind financial performance and business processes.
- You have a strong understanding of Accounting basics.
- You love the details.
- You are a proactive self-starter and can manage your time well in a remote environment.
- You learn and adapt quickly, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You have strong communication skills.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.