Senior Manager, Purchasing
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager, Purchasing to join our team. This person will be responsible for building and managing our direct and indirect material purchasing teams, lead the team in charge of supplier relations, placement of orders, and inventory levels, to ensure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met. In addition to providing direct supervision support for the purchasing team, this individual works collaboratively with Accounting, Engineering and Sourcing Engineering to plan and purchase appropriate components and supplies. The Senior Purchasing Manager also coordinates and executes procurement activities to enhance Twelve’s high standard of service level while minimizing excess and obsolete inventory in the supply chain. They will be responsible for reviewing forecasts, proactive demand management, daily ordering, supplier follow-up and coordination to resolve supply issues.
This is a full-time, hybrid position located in Alameda, California.
What you will do
- Accountable for the procure-to-pay process of direct and indirect materials, including purchase requisitions, purchase order creation and approval, on time delivery of goods, and clearing procurement issues that hold up invoice processing.
- Executes daily activities to support procurement processes. Contacts suppliers to obtain product or service information, validates pricing and ship dates. Maintains up-to-date delivery dates in systems visible to the Engineering and Production team. Follows-up on late deliveries and backordered items.
- Responsible for MRP and Shortage reporting for all direct materials.
- Accountable for ensuring supplier master data and item master data within MRP is accurate.
- Responsible for developing purchasing strategy to meet Twelve's cost, quality, and delivery goals.
- Responsible for leading team of buyers to meet on-time fulfillment to production and engineering.
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers to reduce total material cost.
- Distributes internal information and provides training related to procurement and supply management policies and procedures.
- Provides supervisory counseling, direction, and mentoring to team members.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or other relevant fields.
- 9+ years of related experience in purchasing, with management experience in fast-paced environment.
- Work in a cross functional team environment as a strong team player and demonstrate ability to work with other functional groups to achieve company-wide goals.
- Proven ability to source, onboard, and contract pricing agreements with suppliers.
- Proven ability to define team strategy and build operating plans to achieve vision and long-term goals.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Proficient in MRP systems (Oracle Fusion a plus).
- Strong Excel skills.
- Prior experience in rapid growth environment.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.